JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is the best can-iber for self defense?
I prefer the little tomato paste size because I can carry more rounds and they are more accurate at long range, even though they don't have the stopping power of 5lb canned ham.
Lately it's getting harder and harder to find tomato paste in the stores...someone must be hoarding them.:mad: I may have to move up to tuna can-iber.

What is the best can-iber for self defense?
I prefer the little tomato paste size because I can carry more rounds and they are more accurate at long range, even though they don't have the stopping power of 5lb canned ham.
Lately it's getting harder and harder to find tomato paste in the stores...someone must be hoarding them.:mad: I may have to move up to tuna can-iber.

I will sell you some tomato paste at a 200% mark up. It is all about getting to the grocery store first. I bought pallets of the stuff. Went to costco and bought a bunch of massive cans for taking out vehicles....Lets see how tanks do against 50lbs of peanut butter!!

Asked my daughter what she would kill me with and she said a can of peaches. "You like peaches dad so it's only right you go out with something you like". She is very thoughtful :D.

If I am gonna carry for self defense it will be a can of chili, fist size and would reach terminal velocity in an arms length.:cool:

Years ago I was paving the freeway in the fall of the year. Guys put their canned lunch in the screed of the paver to get it warm as the screed rides on to of the hot asphalt. Cool weather made the screed cold and it was picking up asphalt and leaving a mark. Inspector demanded the operator heat up the screed with a hot propane torch so mark would go away.

Operator was talking to inspector as he heated and the torch went over some bodies canned lunch causing the can to explode. Those spaghetti Os covered both men. They looked at each other like they couldn't believe what just happened...:D It was a good day.

We're going to see "common-sense" canned food control...

Background checks at local canned food outlets
Restrictions on the size of cans
Restrictions on the number of cans
Restrictions on 3d can printers
DHS is ordering 7 billion cans of food at this hour
Must be 21 to buy canned food

I wonder if I can convert my old Potato gun into a cat food launcher.....Would be pretty neat. If the canned food is ammo I am armed for a war!

Years ago I was paving the freeway in the fall of the year. Guys put their canned lunch in the screed of the paver to get it warm as the screed rides on to of the hot asphalt. Cool weather made the screed cold and it was picking up asphalt and leaving a mark. Inspector demanded the operator heat up the screed with a hot propane torch so mark would go away.

Operator was talking to inspector as he heated and the torch went over some bodies canned lunch causing the can to explode. Those spaghetti Os covered both men. They looked at each other like they couldn't believe what just happened...:D It was a good day.

I ran a loader for a while.We would put our cans on the exhaust and have it ready for lunch.
Well I put the can on about 10:eek:o and by 11:30 I could smell the corn chowder,of all things burning.
Guess i should have waited a bit:rolleyes: It had covered the engine compartment

I ran a loader for a while.We would put our cans on the exhaust and have it ready for lunch.
Well I put the can on about 10:eek:o and by 11:30 I could smell the corn chowder,of all things burning.
Guess i should have waited a bit:rolleyes: It had covered the engine compartment

Damn, I want that potato/can launcher. Makes me realize I need much better tools. Mine looks like it was made under the radar in junior high shop class. I think it may have been but I do not remember as junior high was a bit of a stoned blur.

Well the fact is I am more apt to eat the can food than carry it for a weapon so a can of Cattlemens Chile only makes sense for a carry. Plus a spork.:D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads