JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What machine-gun to buy?

• M2 Carbine. It was good enough for the silent generation, it is good enough for you.

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • AC-556 (or a clone) Ruger goodness, yah!

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • A Mac ... no not the computer you nerd. A Mac-10, Mac-11, etc.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Reising. Let her rip old school.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Sten. God save the Queen!

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Astra Modelo 902. ¡Viva España!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some Stemple creation. ("Tube gun" sounds naughty.)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • (gasp!) Machine-guns are fully semi-automatic with a shoulder thing that goes up! :(

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
Yup, no hassles of ownership whatsoever...

A single incompetent secretary at one FFL/SOT has nothing to do with overall machine-gun ownership. And, ultimately, said snafu is totally irrelevant. :rolleyes:

Reloading is the answer to the ammo supply for full auto.

Reloading? No thanks. We got, eh, a decent stash of 9㎜. And then some. (teehee)

I've just noticed that the STEN [note, all caps - it's an abbreviation] heading is accompanied by the comment 'G*d save the Queen!'

I hafta note that when the STEN was developed the UK and Empire had a King and King Emperor, not a queen.

Simply putting the record straight, no harm was done to history, and nobody was in any way offended.

I was going to buy a Lage upper for my SWD 11/nine, but decided instead to purchase a custom made tungsten bolt which slows down the rate of fire by half.
I had to get on a waiting list, as the machinist that makes these told me that the tungsten he uses comes from China and there is a backlog in production because of the virus.
Really, there should be room in the collection for both. I have both. They give you 2 completely different guns.

A guy in Las Vegas makes these. He's a hobby machinist and a well know machine gun enthusiast.
I contacted him directly and got on his mailing list, as he only makes these when he gets enough orders and can get the tungsten.
Here's a link to an outfit that retails them. He said that around Christmas, he might start up a batch.
They're not cheap, but I figure that it will save me ammo and pay for it's self.

Here's his e-mail [email protected]

His name is Tom, he's a wealth of knowledge, and a really nice guy. He no longer lives in Las Vegas now. He lives in Idaho. He is a regular contributing member on Uzi Talk. He didn't make the original tungsten Mac bolt., but he did develop a tungsten bolt that will work in the M11a1 so you can shoot 9mm instead of the more expensive 380. It also will work in the M11/9

So did you get the mg?

Yes indeed. :D

Macazulu.jpg

MacYRosa.jpg

^ Two favorites, guns and roses. Not the band, flowers and firepower.

Anywho, I finally got out to shoot this one today. Some observations:

• It was fun shooting full-auto again. It has been a while.
  • Ammo was a mix of 115-grain ball 9㎜ Parabellum, with a few stray other types that ended up in that box.
  • I got really mixed results on researching what, exactly, magazines work with this gun (single-feed, double, etc.). Most said designed to run on the single-feed only, but the magazine that came with it was a double-feed, 36-round type. Results?
    • The one it came with ran pretty much fine and dandy. Though it jammed every time on the last round in the magazine.
    • The two recently made double-feed magazines I acquired from FTF Industries ran great. One was flawless, the other good enough.
    • The four single-feed, steel magazines I acquired from US Machine-gun were mixed: 1 ran good, 2 ran OK but I had to fiddle with how I held the magazine, 1 wouldn't feed a single round and is going to be tossed because it is scrap metal.
  • Between the ergonomics, the rate of fire, and accurate, I'm pretty ready for a gun fight in a phone booth. It is a Mac, what do you expect. But I have not yet begun my wackiness with this project.
  • I haven't tried it yet, but I have a new Lage upper that should slow the rate of fire and increase the reliability.
  • I'll need to acquire a few small parts (e.g., foregrip, iron sights, decent magazines, etc.).
  • The present stock is pretty bad, but I'm not clear on what the answer to that is. And, candidly, I can live with it.
  • I hope I looked more like El Mariachi and less like Russell Ziskey whilst shooting said. :p
Anywho, onward and upward.

While I was in Capitol Pawn (Salem) today buying a rifle I was of course looking over their stock of firearms.

I noticed they had a FightLite MCR dual feed upper. IIRC they wanted $5K for it.
Unless its the newest version its likely hit or miss.

There on like version 5 or 7 last I read.

But yes I want one......when the Tenko or similar hits the market.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top