JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What machine-gun to buy?

• M2 Carbine. It was good enough for the silent generation, it is good enough for you.

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • AC-556 (or a clone) Ruger goodness, yah!

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • A Mac ... no not the computer you nerd. A Mac-10, Mac-11, etc.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Reising. Let her rip old school.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Sten. God save the Queen!

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Astra Modelo 902. ¡Viva España!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some Stemple creation. ("Tube gun" sounds naughty.)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • (gasp!) Machine-guns are fully semi-automatic with a shoulder thing that goes up! :(

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
Yup, no hassles of ownership whatsoever...

A single incompetent secretary at one FFL/SOT has nothing to do with overall machine-gun ownership. And, ultimately, said snafu is totally irrelevant. :rolleyes:

Reloading is the answer to the ammo supply for full auto.

Reloading? No thanks. We got, eh, a decent stash of 9㎜. And then some. (teehee)

I've just noticed that the STEN [note, all caps - it's an abbreviation] heading is accompanied by the comment 'G*d save the Queen!'

I hafta note that when the STEN was developed the UK and Empire had a King and King Emperor, not a queen.

Simply putting the record straight, no harm was done to history, and nobody was in any way offended.

I was going to buy a Lage upper for my SWD 11/nine, but decided instead to purchase a custom made tungsten bolt which slows down the rate of fire by half.
I had to get on a waiting list, as the machinist that makes these told me that the tungsten he uses comes from China and there is a backlog in production because of the virus.
Really, there should be room in the collection for both. I have both. They give you 2 completely different guns.

A guy in Las Vegas makes these. He's a hobby machinist and a well know machine gun enthusiast.
I contacted him directly and got on his mailing list, as he only makes these when he gets enough orders and can get the tungsten.
Here's a link to an outfit that retails them. He said that around Christmas, he might start up a batch.
They're not cheap, but I figure that it will save me ammo and pay for it's self.

Here's his e-mail [email protected]

His name is Tom, he's a wealth of knowledge, and a really nice guy. He no longer lives in Las Vegas now. He lives in Idaho. He is a regular contributing member on Uzi Talk. He didn't make the original tungsten Mac bolt., but he did develop a tungsten bolt that will work in the M11a1 so you can shoot 9mm instead of the more expensive 380. It also will work in the M11/9

So did you get the mg?

Yes indeed. :D

Macazulu.jpg

MacYRosa.jpg

^ Two favorites, guns and roses. Not the band, flowers and firepower.

Anywho, I finally got out to shoot this one today. Some observations:

• It was fun shooting full-auto again. It has been a while.
  • Ammo was a mix of 115-grain ball 9㎜ Parabellum, with a few stray other types that ended up in that box.
  • I got really mixed results on researching what, exactly, magazines work with this gun (single-feed, double, etc.). Most said designed to run on the single-feed only, but the magazine that came with it was a double-feed, 36-round type. Results?
    • The one it came with ran pretty much fine and dandy. Though it jammed every time on the last round in the magazine.
    • The two recently made double-feed magazines I acquired from FTF Industries ran great. One was flawless, the other good enough.
    • The four single-feed, steel magazines I acquired from US Machine-gun were mixed: 1 ran good, 2 ran OK but I had to fiddle with how I held the magazine, 1 wouldn't feed a single round and is going to be tossed because it is scrap metal.
  • Between the ergonomics, the rate of fire, and accurate, I'm pretty ready for a gun fight in a phone booth. It is a Mac, what do you expect. But I have not yet begun my wackiness with this project.
  • I haven't tried it yet, but I have a new Lage upper that should slow the rate of fire and increase the reliability.
  • I'll need to acquire a few small parts (e.g., foregrip, iron sights, decent magazines, etc.).
  • The present stock is pretty bad, but I'm not clear on what the answer to that is. And, candidly, I can live with it.
  • I hope I looked more like El Mariachi and less like Russell Ziskey whilst shooting said. :p
Anywho, onward and upward.

While I was in Capitol Pawn (Salem) today buying a rifle I was of course looking over their stock of firearms.

I noticed they had a FightLite MCR dual feed upper. IIRC they wanted $5K for it.
Unless its the newest version its likely hit or miss.

There on like version 5 or 7 last I read.

But yes I want one......when the Tenko or similar hits the market.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top