JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What machine-gun to buy?

• M2 Carbine. It was good enough for the silent generation, it is good enough for you.

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • AC-556 (or a clone) Ruger goodness, yah!

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • A Mac ... no not the computer you nerd. A Mac-10, Mac-11, etc.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Reising. Let her rip old school.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Sten. God save the Queen!

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Astra Modelo 902. ¡Viva España!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some Stemple creation. ("Tube gun" sounds naughty.)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • (gasp!) Machine-guns are fully semi-automatic with a shoulder thing that goes up! :(

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
Alrighty then, though the replacement truck is the next big expenditure, Operation Exodus (moving the tribe, close and extended, old farts and potato-headed) to Arizona is on short, temporary hold now. I find myself casting my gaze at acquiring a registered machine-gun again. Just wrapped a very lengthy, somewhat spirited, discussion with the beloved on a great many topics, but she green-lighted this project. Well, then, bombs away, the only question is what to acquire. There are some beauties I'd be so hip to, but alas, can't justify tying up the capital in said (e.g., most Thompsons, FG-42s, and the exoticas). (A member here has a choice full-auto Mini-14 at an amazing rate, and I'm hip to buying said, but damn I've been too slammed this year, between business and pleasure, to head up that way. Perhaps this will work out.)

What say you for an MG purchase? (Note: totally interested in machine-pistols/subguns in common calibers. No interest in heavy, belt-fed machine-guns, firearms chambered in weird calibers, or redonkulously expensive items.)

Thanks for any direction. :s0155:

If I had my ideal situation, it would be a fleming sear (or similar) that could be ported between HK (clone) items.
Sub-gun: MP5
then HK-91/93 as needed (wanted).

Alternatively, it would a transferable DIAS for the AR-15 platform. I'm pretty sure you can buy the 3shot trigger groups for about $200.

Having had a Mini-14 (A-Team version!!), the accuracy in general is not as precise as the above two options.

Were I to have the capital you are talking about ($6K - $12K) for the Mini that was listed here, I'd forego the 'full auto" and go full suppressed for every thing I own except shotguns. Anything leftover goes to ammo/training.

Either way, congrats on being in the position to have this decision crisis. :cool:

I'd go with a Glock 17 modified to select fire, a Sten, or and HK33...
You could probably get two glocks for that akimbo insanity... :s0114:
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! Is right... maybe you could get an Owens, which I hear is a little better anyhow. Really it's just novelty.
An HK33 would just be practical, and badarse.
MP5 would be a cheaper option tho (edit: in terms of ammo anyhow).

If I had my ideal situation, it would be a fleming sear (or similar) that could be ported between HK (clone) items.
Sub-gun: MP5
then HK-91/93 as needed (wanted).

Alternatively, it would a transferable DIAS for the AR-15 platform. I'm pretty sure you can buy the 3shot trigger groups for about $200.

Having had a Mini-14 (A-Team version!!), the accuracy in general is not as precise as the above two options.

Were I to have the capital you are talking about ($6K - $12K) for the Mini that was listed here, I'd forego the 'full auto" and go full suppressed for every thing I own except shotguns. Anything leftover goes to ammo/training.

Either way, congrats on being in the position to have this decision crisis. :cool:

WHY would you deliberately put a 3 shot ratchet in a rifle? Long range shooting at the 500 yard line, you notice the different trigger pulls.

I voted for a M2 Carbine...those are fun to shoot.
But a 1928 Thompson or 1918 BAR would be a close second...even edging out the M2 on some days.
Also the M3A1 "Grease Gun"....would be tempting.
Andy

There's several transferable Sterlings out there, but like anything full-auto you have to dig around a fair bit.

Seems to me that if you can HAVE them anyhow, you should go for broke and get on that has full-auto. Heck, it's only money, right?

A pal of mine in TX has an MG18, 34 AND 42........................and he can shoot them off his back deck, too.

Sigh................................................................................

Lage Manufacturing has a nice lineup of uppers for converting a Mac/11 into some nice shooting sub machine gun platforms.
Their latest is an M16. I'm on the waiting list for one. By far the most versatile of sub guns for the least amount of initial investment.

Hmmm, that's a tough question. Moreso given I have minimal interest in full auto. Primarily due to initial cost, AND that a State may "outlaw" said investment on a whim.

That said, if I were to buy into that game for us, it should also fill into some sort of "practical" application. Yes, worst case/SHTF. Either as a PDW type, or a more "fixed position" type of use.

PDW, like a sub gun, ?9mm or such would seem more applicable. Use from a vehicle/around a ranch. Break contact/get to rifle type stuff.

Or 7.62 NATO, like a G3/HK platform. "Fixed" position.

Mid range, as in 5.56 any platform, would have less practicality. IMO.

9mm you could run "more frequently" for range fun & reload for it "relatively easily".

Don't have any idea on the ins n outs of full auto at all tho.

Can you buy serialized/registered seer packs only? ie for 9mm sub guns which could be utilized as a PDW in a "worst case" SHTF scenario? Dunno.

Same goes for seer packs for G3? No idea.

Yah, any full auto would surely be a heck of a lot of fun. How much fun, vs the outright expense, vs the expense of running it, vs the "worst case" practicality/reliability of use. Tough calls.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top