JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What machine-gun to buy?

• M2 Carbine. It was good enough for the silent generation, it is good enough for you.

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • AC-556 (or a clone) Ruger goodness, yah!

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • A Mac ... no not the computer you nerd. A Mac-10, Mac-11, etc.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Reising. Let her rip old school.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Sten. God save the Queen!

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Astra Modelo 902. ¡Viva España!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some Stemple creation. ("Tube gun" sounds naughty.)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • (gasp!) Machine-guns are fully semi-automatic with a shoulder thing that goes up! :(

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
Alrighty then, just bought online a LNIB "Texas" Mac-10 in 9x19㎜. Get down, get funky.

pix837622554.jpg

Buying a machine gun, and paying the premium on the weapon, and ammo costs? Not. A. Chance.

I've fired a fair number and verity of machine guns, individual and crew served. They are a lot of fun. But that's spending other peoples' money on ammo and the equipment. They are extremely expensive to own and use.

In terms of priorities, a machine gun is a most impractical expensive toy with an extremely niche level of usefulness and little more. Outside of the usefulness of defending a beachhead against mass troop movements, what purpose will it fill? How much better at suppressive fire is it?

They're great at burning thru $100 belts of ammo in a couple seconds. Or $20 box mags of ammo in 1 second. Aside from that, what is the point?

Priority in my view is exodus from tyranny, and then establishing a secure and sustainable homestead. But to each their own.

how much?

Seven Gs.

How many mags came with it?

Assuming one as that is what is pictured in the listing and the FFL/SOT (Dan Shea's operation) didn't specifically mention. Doesn't matter; either way I'm ordering up a bunch tomorrow. Come to think of it, I need to check the 9㎜situation; this is the woman's primary caliber and I do believe I'll be lighting up the home range something wacky once this one comes into the FFL.

Priority in my view is exodus from tyranny, and then establishing a secure and sustainable homestead. But to each their own.

Both projects are a go; multitasking, muchacho. Thanks for the blinding insight though. :s0165:

Buying a machine gun, and paying the premium on the weapon, and ammo costs? Not. A. Chance.

I've fired a fair number and verity of machine guns, individual and crew served. They are a lot of fun. But that's spending other peoples' money on ammo and the equipment. They are extremely expensive to own and use.

In terms of priorities, a machine gun is a most impractical expensive toy with an extremely niche level of usefulness and little more. Outside of the usefulness of defending a beachhead against mass troop movements, what purpose will it fill? How much better at suppressive fire is it?

They're great at burning thru $100 belts of ammo in a couple seconds. Or $20 box mags of ammo in 1 second. Aside from that, what is the point?

Lighten up Francis. Its a toy and an investment. Not everything has to be practical. Its a 9mm . A thousand rounds costs $125. Good for the whole day shooting.

The best thing about Machineguns is they are free. You buy it, shoot it for years and when you get bored with it you can sell it for more than you paid for it guaranteed like the sun rising in the morning..

My Mac 11/9 loves Zytel mags. Metal ones are problematic and I don't bother loading them when shooting with a few friends.
Take a good look at the recoil buffer as they tend to fall apart with age. I made my own replacement with a polyurethane sheet I picked up somewhere.
There's a bunch of replacements online for under $10.00

I had a s
My Mac 11/9 loves Zytel mags. Metal ones are problematic and I don't bother loading them when shooting with a few friends.
Take a good look at the recoil buffer as they tend to fall apart with age. I made my own replacement with a polyurethane sheet I picked up somewhere.
There's a bunch of replacements online for under $10.00

I had a stten mag grip on mine. Always ran like a champ. Cut a fat hog on that one when I sold it for $1700.yes I kick myself

Qualifiers. You gotta be able to afford to purchase and run. It gets spendy. I have found that my NFA Transferable M2 Trigger Housing M2 Inland NOT TO BE that good at appreciating or gaining in value. Not that good of investment item. At best I will get all my money back figuring for inflation.. Less parts and ammo of course.

My M2 Carbine runs 110%. But it took some tuning and fiddling to get there. There is a steep legal and mechanical learning curve with the USGI M2 Carbine. One has to do all the homework and pass all the required exams and stuff to understand the platform. I have found no real way around this. Ya gotta know what you are doing.

I have already posted some stuff regarding the USGI M1 Carbine. About the same thing applies to the select fire M2. The NFA and BATFE rules and regulations regarding the M2 are quite extensive and complicated. A 12 year old kid with lots of instruction and practice has zero problems employing the M2. Very fun.

PEM me if you wanna. All Oregon State Laws, NFA Laws And BATFE Rules And Regulations Apply. Your firearm laws may vary greatly.

I'll leave this here, for science.

Tried finding the practical solutions conversion kit, not sure if they are still in business.

Google it for another 22 kit option.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads