JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What machine-gun to buy?

• M2 Carbine. It was good enough for the silent generation, it is good enough for you.

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • AC-556 (or a clone) Ruger goodness, yah!

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • A Mac ... no not the computer you nerd. A Mac-10, Mac-11, etc.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Reising. Let her rip old school.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Sten. God save the Queen!

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Astra Modelo 902. ¡Viva España!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some Stemple creation. ("Tube gun" sounds naughty.)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • (gasp!) Machine-guns are fully semi-automatic with a shoulder thing that goes up! :(

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
I don't known what tax bracket you are in but you still have to feed it. I would stick with 5.56. Cheap and plentiful.

Also 5.56 lower opens up many options for calibers and barrels.

Eh, yah, some of these suggestions involve full-auto "pews" built well after May 1986. :rolleyes:

Be that as it may, anyone done business with David Spiwak? One of the machine-pistols listed there looks to fit the bill and I have messaged them on how to proceed. Thanks. :)

I follow his website so I can keep track of current values. I've never heard anything bad about him and his prices are on par for the market.
Waiting for the tax stamp sure puts a different spin on things when he's holding the goods and your deposit.
My two were purchased from a guy in Hillsboro, Or. that went by "Fairly Honest Don".
That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Oh, wow, blast from the past. I had forgotten about "Fairly Honest Don's Machine-gun Parlor". When experiencing said many years ago, I was too young to purchase any firearm, let alone a burp-gun, but thanks for the memories.

I think I've narrowed down the plan, after talking to the woman, and sending correspondence to seller. Hopefully movement will happen soon. :)

In that case, chalk me up for an M3 vote :)
Man after my heart :D
I really don't know why I love the M3 so much. Have been able to shoot many full auto and all of them were fun. The M3 to me is I guess like the 1911. I know there are far better things now days but I just love them. So even though I know many have been made that are great improvements if I hit the big money I would still just have to have at least one M3 first. Well that and property where I could have a range in the back yard :s0133:

Voted for the "war baby", I remember the days IN CALIFORNIA when you could wander the gun shows and find every part needed to build a functional m2 carbine, not that I ever considered doing such a nefarious evil illegal thing. When I was working at bolsa gunsmithing a little old lady came in with her recently deceased husbands m2, "he brought it home from the war" it was mint. Wound up at the Westminster CA police station, where it was stripped in days. So sad.

When I was in engineering school, I used to read "Shotgun News"....I clearly remember seeing an ad for Powder Springs MAC10's, with the Sionics suppressor, NIB for.....$995. At the time it may as well have been 995 million dollars, but damn.....if only.

If I could wave the Title 3 magic wand, I'd probably get an MP5 as my first choice. Factory integral suppressor, please. Shot one in 'rattle' mode with a suppressor on it, and it was amazing. A very close second would be an M16 of some type. Lots that could be done with that. A very close third would be the aforementioned MAC10 in 45. Not a practical weapon by most opinions, but when it comes to a 'bullet hose' they are hard to beat. Years ago I knew a guy that had a MAC10 in 45 and a MAC11 in 9mm which I got some cockpit time with. The rate of fire on that MAC11 was unreal; you'd empty a 30 round magazine in about two squirts. But, what a toy....:cool:

No one has mentioned, but a full auto 22 rimfire rifle of some type just might be hella fun. Not as the first one in the safe, but it'd be very cool.

No such fun in WA state.....which is probably a good thing.....for my bank accounts......:rolleyes:

I would go with something cheap to shoot, that probably means 9mm, then it would need to be robust, reliable and have readily available spare parts. An SP5K with a can and folding stock and forendgrip sounds like the ideal ticket. Sounds like an SBR too. Go big or go home!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top