JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the reminder. My dogs love it when Daylight savings time kicks in because they get fed an hour earlier, but I pay for it in the fall when they whine because I'm feeding them later.

I still haven't figured out why we still do the Spring Ahead, Fall back thing.

Heck, Indiana and I believe Arizona don't follow that.

I've heard all the explanations about how it was set up for the farmers, or it was so kids didn't have to wait in the dark for the school bus, or so we didn't have to feed our dogs an hour earlier (;) - mine have their biological clocks set and seem to know when that time change is supposed to be, too).

I still haven't figured out why we still do the Spring Ahead, Fall back thing.

Heck, Indiana and I believe Arizona don't follow that.

I've heard all the explanations about how it was set up for the farmers, or it was so kids didn't have to wait in the dark for the school bus, or so we didn't have to feed our dogs an hour earlier (;) - mine have their biological clocks set and seem to know when that time change is supposed to be, too).

Indiana observes DST. Before 2006, there were parts of the state that didn't observe it. Arizona and Hawaii don't observe it.

I've never been a fan. At least some of the clocks I manually set will have the correct time again.

Hah
No Time Change here
Do not have to deal with all those changes anymore.
Do not have to deal with animals feed schedules changing

I always thougth some of the tales were odd:
1. It was for farmers - Farmers get up when they need to
2. For the cows - Like they can read a clock.

What are you talking about before bed? I changed all mine already, as soon as I got home from work. It drives the family crazy...hehhehehe..... ;) But getting up at 4am, i need all the reminders I can get.

Thanks for the reminder.

Stay Safe.

Neither can I. I once had a conversation with my congressional rep about it...they didn't know either, other than to say we've always done it.

Here's a question:

Would anyone object to doing away with it?

I sure wouldn't. But then again it's been happening all my life so I've lived with it. I would never have thought about contacting anyone political however.
I have a schedule that I adhere to on a daily basis - the clock tells me when to do that.
Once again, blond!
Wifey

Neither can I. I once had a conversation with my congressional rep about it...they didn't know either, other than to say we've always done it.

Here's a question:

Would anyone object to doing away with it?

I wouldn't mind. It might be a pain if you spend a lot of time going from OR to a neighboring state.

I had always heard reference to Daylight savings being attributed to more use of daylight to get things done in the evenings after work and how it became more important during WW II when women were working in factories for the war effort and most men were off to war or doing the same - as fewer adults were home to accomplish tasks around the house the extra hour of light after work helped keep up with the house. More recently the reason for keeping it was attributed to an energy savings of 3%-5% as you didn't have to turn on the lights for an extra hour.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top