JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I will be going to a game at Providence Park soon and was wondering if anyone has gone to that stadium, and whether or not they frisk for weapons when entering? We will be taking public transit, so it's not like I can just go put my firearm back in my car if I were to be frisked, so needless to say in that situation the even would be ruined for me and my wife.

Thanks for any info!

If a self-defense need came up, remember there is no real safe way to deploy a firearm, on the daytime MAX or at a Timber's game. Bystanders may get ricochet, assuming you get a clear field of fire at all. Taser or pepperblaster can help though.

If a self-defense need came up, remember there is no real safe way to deploy a firearm, on the daytime MAX or at a Timber's game. Bystanders may get ricochet, assuming you get a clear field of fire at all. Taser or pepperblaster can help though.
True, in those two crowded places. However, going to and from those places is a different story - walking city streets with beggars making a living, getting cash from the ATM, paying for parking at a self-service lot - all places where I would certainly want to have more than pepper spray.

True, in those two crowded places. However, going to and from those places is a different story - walking city streets with beggars making a living, getting cash from the ATM, paying for parking at a self-service lot - all places where I would certainly want to have more than pepper spray.

Agreed for most cities. Good to consider that (despite appearances) Portland is essentially safe. Forbes rated 3rd safest city in the US. In theory Gresham or Aloha is more dangerous.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/nwheadlines/2009/10/portland_is_americas_no_3_safe.html

PS for me, CC is not the best option on Trimet. Here's some observations from a decade of MAX commuting:

Retention - A packed post-Timbers MAX will put you standing cheek-by-jowl with strangers. They'll notice if your IWB carry bumps them. Their hands may already be brushing that area, so you'd have very little warning before someone could disarm you or at least precipitate a struggle.

Even if you hold out for your own seat with strong-side protected, you'll brush people as you enter and exit the train. Worse, if a train stalls, you get shunted onto a packed shuttle bus - this happens maybe once a week.

Passengers also fall asleep a lot. If that happens, a neighbor might investigate your weird lump he felt earlier.

Can't use it - Shooting inside a small metal/glass box is a non-starter: ricochet, spall, flying shards. Personally I try to avoid carrying into a venue where I can't use it.

The reason is if someone struggles with you for the gun, you may need to fire, but you can't. I'm introducing a tool only my opponent can use.

Dropping your gun (it happens) could also be a disaster on the MAX. Some of the characters aboard would pick it up and not give it back. Some random tourists might even freak out and attack me.

Anyway I'd rather carry a taser or small mace can than a handgun on the MAX. Others are welcome to it though.

Last Edited:
This is why I carry a very small pistol behind my wallet. bump it all you want its a wallet. try to get it out of my tight jeans pocket without my assistance GOOD LUCK. If I use a pistol for seld defense chances are I will be able to almost touch the bad guy so aim, shot placement, and penetration are not a big worry.

dodge-this.png

Thanks all for your input. ocarolan had my scenario the most correct. It was not at the event I was worried about so much, and we decided to drive/park so the MAX was not in play.... it was more the day-to-day getting there, parking garages/elevators, etc., just the same reasons we all carry every day to begin with. It worked out OK in the end, and the MLS even beat Bayern Munich!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top