JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Andy laughs at your direct impingement semantics.

His weapons are Civil War proven. :)
Muzzleloader-Percussion-Lock.jpg
c9f476124b791168569e676987e48807.jpg

When it comes to self-defense, I go with what works best not sentimentality.

BTW - The only 1911 I ever owned (AMT Hardballer) as a jam-o-matic.

Those jam-o-matics have served our country well for over 75 years. Wonder why ?
All three I have owned ran and run great. And cost no where near $2000 each. As others think they must. :confused:

I'm pretty sure the post was about ARs and not AKs.:)

Who in their right mind wants to put their face right up near the ejection port? :-(
Unless you're a southpaw (in which case its an easy but expensive fix) it is a non-issue. If a kaboom happens, rifle may be hurt but your face would be fine.

If the worries about losing your face due to a kaboom were true, it would have been a concept that died long before the late 70s (when the Steyr Aug was designed).

LOL
I wanted to say Doosh Knot, but thought that would be mean-spirited.

:D
Unless you're a southpaw (in which case its an easy but expensive fix) it is a non-issue. If a kaboom happens, rifle may be hurt but your face would be fine.

If the worries about losing your face due to a kaboom were true, it would have been a concept that died long before the late 70s (when the Steyr Aug was designed).

No.

DI or not (AR or AK), the AR dumps residue into the action and the AK does not. That is the issue.

DI is just one of the disadvantages of the typical AR design. The AR has a number of advantages too, especially when it comes to ergos (where the AK sucks). Everything has pros and cons.

IDK if I would say DI is a disadvantage. It's just a different way of doing things.

After many DI type ARs, I ended up buying Ruger's SR556 back in 2011. A true piston gun. The thing stays much cleaner and cooler than any of my past ARs. Great gun.

Well the bolt may be the piston but upon firing it momentarily remains fixed and it is the cylinder (ie. bolt carrier) that initially moves by gas pressure whilst spinning the bolt thereby unlocking it to finally travel back with the carrier.

So it would be valid to say that the cylinder is directly impinged.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top