JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I'm picking one up tomorrow. I'm getting the 24" barrel as I've been told and read that it is more of an ideal length for 6.5CM. Also I'm buying the blued version instead of stainless. I'm going to be mounting my Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm 30mm tube scope on it. Currently in a Burris PEPR one piece mount lapped and leveled by the boys at Vortex.

I'm new to 6.5CM. NOT new to shooting rifles at distance. Any advice or comments are appreciated here.

Not very compact at 24" just saying. ;)

I've got nothing.

Unless you want to get together to stretch it out.

Not very compact at 24" just saying. ;)

I've got nothing.

Unless you want to get together to stretch it out.

Yeah, it's just what they call that series. I don't think of it as "compact".

And youbetcha we will get together and see what it can do!

And lest anyone thinks I am made of money, I moved two rifles today to get this ball rolling. Just decided that sometimes keeping things simple is better than a safe full of stuff I don't shoot. :)

One of the guys that regularly attends our monthly long range shoot at COSSA has this exact rifle. We start out at about 1000 yards then move out to the mile target in the morning. After the mile it is various targets from 200 to 1200 yards. He uses the cheap Hornady American Gunner bulk match ammo, I think it is about $150 for a 200 round can of the stuff and he absolutely slays with this combination.

Good choice on the rifle, have fun with it!

I've had very good luck with Hornady's ELD bullets, 140 ELD-M and 143 ELD-X, with H4350 powder.

I would think that your scope will be a bit high in the PEPR mount on this rifle.

I've had very good luck with Hornady's ELD bullets, 140 ELD-M and 143 ELD-X, with H4350 powder.

I would think that your scope will be a bit high in the PEPR mount on this rifle.

Pretty sure the mount will change. In fact I'm looking for ring recommendations as well. That Sportsman's has. One stop shopping yeah?

My glass has a 30mm tube and a 50mm bell.......really not sure til I have the gun.....

41.5gr h4350 under a 143gr eldx is near identical to hornady precision hunter. we didnt even need to change the scope zero

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top