JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love the tikkas action. Period. Sooo smooth. Just don't like the stock and the removable clip.

I started out (and still remain a bit, to be honest) a little suspect of the plastic trigger guard and detachable magazines, too, but have yet to find anybody that has had a bad experience or run into problems... apart from how much Beretta USA charges for them! Ha!

We'll see how well it goes in a few weeks.

I think the Tikka rifles on average are a little more accurate than the Vanguard, but for hunting purposes it won't make enough difference for that to be a deciding point. I would go with the one that felt the best in my hand. And padding the Vanguard stock with a couple hundred bucks savings could sway my vote too. But I would stay away from both if they came with an el cheapo plastic Tupperware stock.

The comment about Bell and Carlson stocks being crap is misinformation. I have two of them and they are the equal of my H.S. Precision stocks for a hundred bucks less. Wby uses them on many of their rifles, and I'm pretty sure the Cooper Phoenix stock is a B&C.

And maybe .338. Playing with the .50bmg for till next year hunting season rolls around although it would be kind of funny to hunt with a .50 and everyone in the county knows when it goes off haha jk

The Tikka T3 Lite is not bad to shoot in smaller calibers like .243, from my experience shooting this rifle in that caliber. But due to their ultralight weight, they are a real bear to shoot in bigger calibers. A .308 generates quite a bit more recoil than a .243. And. I would imagine that any magnum caliber is going to be very brutal and uncomfortable to shoot in a T3 Lite. I shot one chambered in just .270 Win, and it had dramatically worse recoil than my Tikka T3 Lite in .243 Win had. I would highly recommend getting a heavier third party stock if you do get one in a magnum caliber. And have a real good recoil pad like a Limbsaver put on it.

.22-250 and .243 are considered the ultimate calibers for Coyote hunting. I'm most surprised that you are already selling the rifle after just a few weeks, especially since you say that it shot so extremely well. There is no guarantee that your next T3 Lite will shoot as good. The only gun that I've ever sold that fast was a cheap Taurus pistol that I immediately regretted buying.

I shot my Tikka T3 Lite in .243 only briefly, as a couple of years later Remington had a special limited edition run of their 700 LVSF in .243, and I could not resist getting one. So I ended up getting it to replace my T3 Lite. My 700 LVSF turned out to be more accurate than my Tikka, and was also far more comfortable to shoot. I already had a LVSF in 22-250 and loved it. It was not normally available in .243 win, which is why I had got the T3 Lite in that caliber.

I can certainly recommend the Tikka T3 Lite in smaller calibers like .243 Win from my experience with them. I really had no complaints about mine. Like you said, the action is slick, and the factory trigger is quite good and easily adjustable.

t32nd.jpg

My only problem with it was that it was just not quite as good as my Remington. So it won out.

LVSF1_email.jpg

It's no worse than shooting 12 ga slugs the brake helps tons ! I also did away with the factory issued rings from Tikka they looked like something that belonged on a 22. I went with DNZ Game reaper mounts they screw into the receiver and boy are they solid you know your scope is not going anywhere .

Last Edited:
It's no worse than shooting 12 ga slugs the brake helps tons ! I also did away with the factory issued rings from Tikka they looked like something that belonged on a 22. I went with DNZ Game reaper mounts they screw into the receiver and boy are they solid you know your scope is not going anywhere .

Well, some folks handle recoil better than others. When it comes to recoil, I am sort of a pussy. For example, all of my shotguns are gas operated semiautos, since they have such milder felt recoil than a pump or double barrel.

One should also note that a 12 gauge slug load produces more recoil than a .375 H&H Magnum rifle. These guns are not for the faint of heart.

I've never shot 12 GA slugs off a bench, or prone before, what's it like? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top