JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for info and Advice

looking at purchasing the Tikka T3 rifle.....choices are(for me) the 30-06 or the 300 win mag....I hunt here in Oregon and New Zealand.....Looking for anyone who has one,owns one,wants to sell one....who has advice on these rifles as I never owned or shot one.....thanks in advance for your time and info

I got one when they first came out, the first one that Fishermans sold. I got the .30-06. Great rifle!!! awesome trigger and super accurate, the box mag is also real nice! I would buy another in a heartbeat.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING? TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK.

As for the rifles, they are pretty well made. The accuracy is good. I prefer the wood stocked models, as the synthetic stock just feels plastic. Most of the guns I have seen have come with rings, which is nice. They have lots of different options, stocks, calibers, etc. Very nice to have lots of options.
I would make two complaints if pressed. They are not red flags, more observations. First the mags are almost entirely polymer/plastic, including the feed lips, which worries me for long term use. Second, I prefer an action that has an open top (like a Remington, Ruger, Winchester, etc.), as opposed to the closed top style like the Tikka.

Overall, I would not be unhappy using one of these rifles. The ones my friends and family are using have served them well for several years. They seem to be holding up fine.

I have had a left hand T3 with the composite stock, in stainless, 270 win. for a few years now. I love the light weight of the gun, the smooth bolt, the detachable mag, & the great trigger. It is easily a MOA shooter. Only gripe is that spare mags are a rip-off price wise.

thanks for the replys.....I am looking for a left hand bolt also....the price seems ok ...around $670 usd(30-06).....appreciate the comments on the mag/stock and the prices...the mag seems very light(thin) in its construction but seems to clip in well(snug)....not sure over time that it will hold up(wear and tear)as this is the first of its kind Ive dealt with.......for me, the synthetic stock,is just that,.....more for the practical application.......once again thanks for your input(s)

My :s0159:
I've had a Tikka T3 in .338winMag for some time now. Hands down, it's the most accurate rifle I have had in this caliber. I put a high end scope on it and I do target shooting at 800 yards. 420 rounds through it at present, and still just as accurate.
My shooting buddy has the Tikka T3 heavy barrel .308. His has better accuracy in my hands than my own Remington 700. (aaargh)
I also have a Tikka T3 in .223 - the "Ground Hog Surpriser" that has several hundred rounds through it. Still far more accurate than my bull barrel "Sniper" AR .223.

I think you will be very happy with your new T3, in any caliber.:s0155:

Tell us what you think once you've put a few rounds through it.

Great rifle, I love mine! I have a Tikka T3 in .223 Varminter. Smooth action and a nice trigger. With factory load Hornady 55gr vmax I was shooting golf balls at 100yards and watching them fly, it was a good time. Would recommend this rifle to anyone. Still like my Remmy 700 for the big rifles though.

I bought a remington 700 instead of a T3 in .270. I like the 700, but I'm already planning on buying a T3 in a different caliber. Best 'bang' for your buck, for sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top