JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tikka is the Finnish word for "woodpecker".

So please be aware that you will now be shooting a pecker!! :eek:

Hence the use of the woodpecker head as a brand logo. Th arms are made in Tikkakoski, Finnish for Woodpecker Falls, as in waterfalls. The water was originally used to power machinery for the many industrial locations thereabouts. It is a very pretty place. My NDN is from a small village called Alapohja not far away. His sister and BIL work at the Tikka factory. [Mornin', Mikkel]

tac

I've had a T3 in 7mm-08 for a couple of years now and it's a great rifle. I upgraded the stock to a bell and Carlson. I mostly use it for hunting in orchards and it has not failed me yet.

Good choice, and congrats, that's as fine a Rifle as any and will serve you well! Good choice on optics as well, this is going to be one awesome tool when ready! One thing to keep in mind, Tikka's ( and SAKO too ) have a slightly slower rate of twist, so bullet weights should be considered when spec'ing out loads! For .30/06 ( as an example) the normal 180 gr that we 'mericans love so much would be the upper range limits of what the rifle will shoot well! Below that, say 165 gr, and it should be a one ragged hole rifle at hunting distance!

I own a Sako 75 Hunter Stainless 7 mm and my son has a Tikka Lite .308. Before that I shot CZ American 550 30.06 and a number of Winchester 70's and a Marlin or two in various calibers.

To date my Sako is the best rifle I have owned. Th only con is that with a Nightforce SHV scope the Sako is heavy to carry. No other cons. Tikka is obviously lighter, no recoil issues with .308 to compare. My son does comment on the weight of his rifle versus mine.

I also liked the set tigger (SST) system on the CZ for target shooting but never used it actually hunting, but it was a nice option on what is a pretty economical rifle, compared to the Sako. Only Ruger I have is a 10/22, so I can't compare. I have shot a Ruger 1 in 270. Nice rifle. Prefer the Sako, but as with everything try it and get what is most comfortable for you.

My son's Tikka was bore sighted and hit the bullseye first shot out of the gate at 100 yards and has operated at sub moa at that distance since then. I have liked almost every rifle I have owned, but for me the Sako and Tikka are excellent rifles for the money.

That's a good twist for the 7 mm mag(same as mine), should handle pretty much any thing you run through it! I love my 7 mm Tikka, and wouldn't trade it for any thing! I have found that Sift Schirocco black tips in the 150 gr to be one of the best bullets for flat shooting in the wind!

Hence the use of the woodpecker head as a brand logo. Th arms are made in Tikkakoski, Finnish for Woodpecker Falls, as in waterfalls. The water was originally used to power machinery for the many industrial locations thereabouts. It is a very pretty place. My NDN is from a small village called Alapohja not far away. His sister and BIL work at the Tikka factory. [Mornin', Mikkel]

tac

You are 100% right!

10x10_Tikka-Logo_V01.png

Well, the rifle is a shooter, first time shooting it after zeroing the scope yielded a 1" 5 shot group with a middle of the road hand load at 100 yds.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top