JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this summer I picked up a brand new never fired Tikka M695 in .280 Remington with the idea of using it as a general purpose Deer and Elk rifle. Well I refell in love with my deer rifle. And then scored a very nice Winchester model 70 that's going to be my dedicated elk rifle. So what to do with my Tikka?

Well my thought process went like this, Its very very accurate, it doesn't weigh a ton, how about an all weather mountain rifle type build? Cerakote it, ditch the terrible feeling synthetic stock for something just as light or lighter and a little more comfortable, then take it out when the weather sucks. Thoughts?

Also if anyone has an idea of who makes a good aftermarket stock for a Tikka M695 I'm all ears. I know Boyd's does, and I have one of their exceptional stocks on a Browning A Bolt, but they are very very heavy.

Well, last week I ordered a Boyds prairie hunter stock for my little project (just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the manners or mcmillian) and it should arrive on Thursday. Got my EGW one piece scope rail, some nice new burris rings, and a 3X9 Vortex Viper. Hopefully on Thursday I'll be able to put it all together and go shoot it without the threat of burning.

2.8 pounds sounds pretty good for a good looking stock like that.

I think you'll come out with a pretty nice shooter and one you can actually take into the woods and high country. :cool:

Stock came in this morning, assembled it all, looks great, feels great, weighs in at 7.5lbs unloaded. Now just needs cerakote and to be sighted in.

IMG_1032.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top