JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a LH SS T3 in 270win for a few years now. It is a harvesting machine. Also, the older I get, the more I appreciate a lighter rifle in the field. Add to that the great trigger & smooth bolt & the Tikka delivers. I don't baby my big game rifles, it has held up just fine. For me, some decent optics, & hand loading show it's real potential. I don't get too attached to my rifles as a rule, but I will not sell my T3. Ever.
I dislike the cost of the spare mags.

The Tikka 695 in 270 win is super and a beautiful rifle the 695 I have is in 338 win mag both are great shooters and would not part with them either . I purchased a T3 this past year and is smooth accurate and light however I chose it in 338 win mag and it is not a rifle for the squeamish if you ever want a rifle to make you feel alive when you shoot it this is one !

Last Edited:
Tikka T3 in .30-06. As mentioned by others, silky smooth action (best of all my rifles), light trigger with super-clean break, and amazingly accurate right out of the box.

Rifles008.jpg

Like the "Lead Sled" as well.. :p My T-3 Stainless synthetic is chambered in .308 and also don't think the spare mags should be as expensive as they are.. currently on the hunt for one chambered in 7mm as the ballistics are really good for that round.. good to over 1000 meters if you have the optics and talent....

I have a T3 Stainless Synthetic in 30.06 - have barely sighted it in yet, but it's a nice rifle.

I wish they would have made the bolt shroud out of metal instead of plastic (there are aftermarket ones available). I've tried the Lumley and HSS shrouds - I like the simplicity of the HSS, but it makes the bolt on my gun a little stiffer to cycle; the Lumley doesn't affect cycling, but is a bit looser and utilizes a spring to keep it seated. Is the plastic shroud really a problem? Yes, no, maybe - there are a variety of opinions about this.

The magazines are expensive, but there's a guy on eBay that sells them for $45 - a lot less than the $70-ish they're supposed to retail for. He also seems to have them in stock all the time.

I like the balance of my rifle and don't mind the synthetic stock (I know this gets some knocks).

One more thing - the Limbsaver butt pad is a good investment for a light rifle like this. I fired 40+ rounds at the range with this butt pad installed and it wasn't too bad - I've seen lots of complaints about recoil with these rifles, but the Limbsaver seems to tame things.

I have a 595 in .22-250 ai heavy barrel it shoots awesome and Has a really pretty wood stock
And a t3 in 7 mm mag that is really light and shoots .25" at 100 it is really light I have shot a lot of deer and coyotes with it my brother also has one just like it and it shoots just as good and I also have a t3 cabelas edition with a camo stock and fluted barrel in 30.06 not as impressed with its accuracy but still shoots sub inch at 100 but I'm working up loads for it and it'll get better
They're good rifles with smooth actions I love mine

Another .270 Win, T3 here. Best out-of-the-box accuracy I've ever experienced. Even my 150 gr. handloads barely beat Federal Fusion. Plastic on the bolt shroud is worrying me some. No problems yet and I think it bothers me on principle alone. Mags are expensive. People have apparently had recoil lug issues, I am not sure if this is/was only in the harder hitting calibers or not. My .270 (not exactly a sledgehammer) had been flawless. These complaints can't hold a candle to all of the things I love about my Tikka. Bolt feels like it should be dripping with olive oil. The stock is deceptively rigid and stout for the weight. Hope to have another by the end of the year.
Oh, one more thing. As soon as you open the box, throw the factory rings out the window. Had to Dremel mine off when the hex stripped BADLY from moderate tension. I don't know why I messed with them in the first place.

Does anyone make a wood stock for a T3 Lite ? Either factory or aftermarket. I really want one of these but like Glocks I just can't warm up to plastic...it's sorta like bubblegumin' a snake or something.

Tikka 595 Master Sporter. Has a detachable 5 round magazine. [ I post this here all the time]. It looks good and shoots better than anything I have shot before. And I have a few nice shooting long guns. These are such a bargain.
Poor mans TRG-21.

My Tikka T3 7mm rem mag was the first gun I ever purchased all by myself. I've owned it 5-6 years and it is my go to hunting rifle, I have harvested deer, elk and various other critters with it. I like it so much I am actually taking it with me to Alaska at the end of the month for a couple of hunts.