JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They had both hands on the wheel so they weren't texting. ;)

The car certainly didn't have Oregon plates. I couldn't make out a state on it. Oregon drivers would have pulled in front of him and driven ten under the speed limit.o_O

It kinda looks like a purple heart vet plate at the end of the video but not quite sure. I'll bet she got a piece of his mind after the tape quit rolling.

They had both hands on the wheel so they weren't texting. ;)

Yeah, they weren't signaling either, that's a favorite tactic of the WA driver in Oregon! :)

I had to look at it again, that cop WASN'T riding in the blind spot. Typical driver these days, not aware of whats going on around them.

People don't take driving as serious as they should. I started driving at a time when people took it serious. I think we've lulled people into the idea that anyone can drive, no experience, or talent required. Air bags, ABS, cruise control, auto transmissions, etc. They think they're untouchable in these cars. Our Honda CR-v has a system that adjusts power and braking to different wheels if it thinks I'm losing control! It's a real trip trying to do a controlled spin in the snow with the VSA on. It irks me to no end watching people that need to shape up before they get behind the wheel. Usually they are the ones in front of me!

Last Edited:
That area, the Portland metro areas that is, are full of the most idiotic drivers I have ever had the displeasure of sharing the road with. I've seen people on multiple occasions going from the right furthest lane at a 4way stop to cut across all lanes to make a left turn or a U turn. I've been cut off so many times I stopped counting. I've even had to swerve into another lane, for the same reason that cop almost got hit. Yet we give drivers licenses away like their a cracker jack prize.

When I used to ride a motorcycle that kind of stuff happened all the time.

Worst 2 states to ride a bike in hands down.

And some of the worst drivers in an environment that is typically lower visibility (clouds, rain etc).

IMO the average person around here has his head so far up his caboose that there isn't any room for thought or consideration about or for others.

You heard me - I think very little of the driving abilities of at least 85% of y'all reading this and not posting on the site.

I don't know people drive pretty good out here. I've noticed the last couple years as it's getting more congested people are getting pretty rude and inconsiderate of other drivers.

When I moved to Kentucky in 2010 I was amazed that once I hit Missouri that common courtesy and gestures were just gone. Nobody let you in, nobody used a blinker. And in KY I witnessed accidents almost once a week.

She wasn't texting she had both hands on the wheel at the point she was cutting the Police bike off. SO it was not paying attention and no signal. And I hardly see how driving like this relates to who they vote for. I have seen goobers in pickups covered with NRA stickers and such drive like morons as well. But then I have an advantage I drive a Construction Dump Truck and Pup trailer on an average day I run 200-300 miles depending on the job. SO I see a LOT of traffic from early in the morning until after evening rush hour.

She wasn't texting she had both hands on the wheel at the point she was cutting the Police bike off. SO it was not paying attention and no signal. And I hardly see how driving like this relates to who they vote for. I have seen goobers in pickups covered with NRA stickers and such drive like morons as well. But then I have an advantage I drive a Construction Dump Truck and Pup trailer on an average day I run 200-300 miles depending on the job. SO I see a LOT of traffic from early in the morning until after evening rush hour.

I'm glad you can do it Mark. Just towing my boat down the road in Oregon, or where ever I guess, about drives me nuts with our local drivers. I can't even begin to imagine the terror of driving what you drive around here!

I think the requirements to get a basic license should be the same as what it takes to get a CDL, mechanical knowledge, stopping distances, all the planning ahead and defensive driving stuff. If you can't pass that test then, "here's your bus pass!" I admit, I get pretty emotional about this stupid stuff. But really, It is life or death, if you aren't making driving your first and only priority every time you get behind the wheel, you are risking my life, and the life of everyone around you. You are piloting a 2 ton weapon around on the streets, get your head in it already!

Given the view in the side-view mirror...and the position of the bike closer to the median line..it could have been in her blind spot even if she did turn her head to the left. Did she look over her left shoulder? Hard to tell. Did the biker see her blinker? And she did use her blinker with plenty of notice for him to see and react. Where were his eyes? Bad peripheral vision. Watch the video. The biker needs better sense of space awareness of road and traffic conditions. If I'd been on the bike I could have sensibly backed off the throttle instead of holding position to stay along side her. Poor judgement on the biker also.

Did the cop give her a ticket? He's just much at fault.

Last Edited:
Signal was on.

Visible at 12-13 seconds. Signal went on almost as immediate as the lane change. You can see after correcting back into center lane as well that the signal was switched off by the hand motion going up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top