JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
She's the Republican candidate running against Patty Murray for a WA Senate seat.
Does anyone know what her position is on our Second Amendment rights?

I won't donate any money till I know where she stands on this.

The problem with all politicians is that they all have their "present truth" during the campaign, then flip the script if they win.

Case in point, Youngkin has already reneged on banning government vaccine mandates, and he hasn't even been sworn in as the Virginia Governor yet.

Someday, there will be blood…..

Looking into this now. Found this:

Hooktube link in case you hate google/youtube

EDIT:

No mention on here website. That's a red flag to me.

On The Issues and I Side with both have no 2A data for her.

Washington Post doesn't use the words "gun" or "amendment" in this article on her. I would expect them to bash her on it if they were aware of her taking a "pro" position.

She's a politician and therefor not to be trusted until she has a history of delivering for us.

Last Edited:
My suggestion would be to write up a list of the Bloomberg Ban Initiatives and legislative madness, then some other common measures both for and against us, and ask her to give each a one-word "Support/Neutral or Unsure/Oppose" on each by email.

Work up the list in this thread and if nobody else reaches out to her by email I'll see what I can do. @Dave Workman it might be worthwhile to reach out via SAF/CCRKBA, or if anyone has a contact for GOAL-WA...

I sent an email asking for her position on 2A and all I got was crickets.
Not a good start for her in my book.

Threads like these are why Patty Murry has been getting reelected since 1992.

"OMG, the alternate candidate doesn't align with me 100%? THEY MUST BURN!!!"

I've emailed Smileys campaign on the issue. I'll report back if I hear anything. Those who use social media should contact her via that avenue.

At this point, there must be a VERY compelling reason for me to vote for any incumbent, especially ones with a 'D' after their name (and I'm not even a Republican.).

I'll take even 75% as long as PRO GUN is settled first. That one issue decides whether or not you even get the interview, after that we can negotiate as long as you're with me at least three times more than you're against me.

I'll take even 75% as long as PRO GUN is settled first. That one issue decides whether or not you even get the interview, after that we can negotiate as long as you're with me at least three times more than you're against me.
Bingo! Pro gun is my hot button too. If they aren't pro 2A then its unlikely I'm going to agree with anything else that candidate is pushing.
Replacing Patty Murray with an anti-gunner makes no sense to me.
And I still haven't heard back from Ms. Smiley regarding her stand on gun rights.
I'm not donating anything unless I get a response I like.

As to wet-side R politicians, I would vote for my state senator, Linda Wilson for any office she decides to run for. Ditto for Reps Harris and Kraft They are, IMO solid conservatives and definitely pro 2A.

Bingo! Pro gun is my hot button too. If they aren't pro 2A then its unlikely I'm going to agree with anything else that candidate is pushing.
Replacing Patty Murray with an anti-gunner makes no sense to me.
And I still haven't heard back from Ms. Smiley regarding her stand on gun rights.
I'm not donating anything unless I get a response I like.

As to wet-side R politicians, I would vote for my state senator, Linda Wilson for any office she decides to run for. Ditto for Reps Harris and Kraft They are, IMO solid conservatives and definitely pro 2A.
Well if Smiley and Murray have the same view on the 2nd then the other issues are just as important. Lots of us are single issue voters to our own detriment. Vote accordingly.

I emailed Patty Murray asking her to protect the 2a and she said she will research it and do "the will of the people"

Haaaa, which people are those?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads