JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As to wet-side R politicians, I would vote for my state senator, Linda Wilson for any office she decides to run for. Ditto for Reps Harris and Kraft They are, IMO solid conservatives and definitely pro 2A.
There are a rare few good Wet Side R's, sadly most including mine are more Quislings like Jaime Herrera-Beutler.

When your Party leadership's motto is "Bringing Republicans and Democrats Together" and implying more R-reach-left than D-reach-right...

Me too. I'm a single issue voter. Get pro gun or get bent.
I did not used to be a single-issue voter. I would consider many issues important to me before I would cast my vote.
That was up until 2016, when Hitllary cured me of that nonsense...

Don't fall for the.....

"I believe in the 2nd A."

Yeah.....even OBAMA played that card. Of course, it came with the disclaimer that "some restrictions" were needed and necessary. And, it was NOT like he willingly gave up/offered up that caveat, when questioned about his stance on guns.

I didn't fall for it.

Then, DOWNLOAD and READ the Dems Party Platform. Page 47 is the start of their platform on, "Ending the Epidemic of Gun Violence".
https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
RINOs.....yeah.....there is that problem too.

Me. I seem to always VOTE for the lesser of evils. It's about all we/I can do nowadays.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Okay, here we go...

Caleb Heimlich support? RED FLAG. I know this weasel from personal experience.

Cathy McMorris-Rogers endorsement? RED FLAG.

Use of Gun Grabber "gun violence" talking points and terminology? BIG RED FLAG.

Tom Cotton endorsement is a partial point in her favor... Cotton has more Dud moments than I'd like, but his Stud-to-Dud ratio is enough to make his endorsement mostly a positive.

She's saying some things I really like on a few issues... but she can't get to speak her piece to me at the job interview if she won't turn in a satisfactory gun-rights resume first.

Knowing, that some Police Chiefs have the belief.....that certain classes of guns and certain magazine capacities should be (according to them) outlawed.....I don't place much faith in blanket statements just saying that a certain candidate supports LEOs.

And/or, for that matter.....other POLITICIANS giving their endorsements.

Or.......just because you're a Vet or someone in your family is a Vet.

Aloha, Mark

Don't fall for the.....

"I believe in the 2nd A."

Yeah.....even OBAMA played that card. Of course, it came with the disclaimer that "some restrictions" were needed and necessary. And, it was NOT like he willingly gave up that caveat, when questioned about his stance on guns.

I didn't fall for it.

Then, DOWNLOAD and READ the Dems Party Platform. Page 47 is the start of their platform on, "Ending the Epidemic of Gun Violence".
https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

RINOs.....yeah.....there is that problem too.

Me. I seem to always VOTE for the lesser of evils. It's about all we/I can do nowadays.

Aloha, Mark
OK, but he was from the Chicago political machine. If you believed a word out his mouth you may as well get "Sucker" tattooed across your forehead just to warn people you're coming.

Thanks for this link @Diamondback . I feel pretty comfortable with throwing my support her way after reading this.
Reviewing:
27 policy positions under the Domestic Policy tab
11 policy positions under the Criminal tab
15 policy positions under the Immigration tab
11 policy positions under the Electoral tab,
she scored highly enough across every tab I reviewed (~90% in agreement) that I feel pretty comfortable giving her my support.
That being said, I will remain vigilant and observant of her behavior, should she win the election and unseat the Soccer Mom in Tennis Shoes Turned Professional and Perpetual Congress Critter...

I'm inclined to support Bob Hagglund over her simply because I don't like the State Party trying to dictate to the party voters who the candidate will be or otherwise put their thumb on the scale, but she'd be an improvement over Patty Wanna Make Little Terrorist Babies With Osama.

For some fun:

Interestingly, this quiz scores me "Too Right Wing For GOP" while the Political Compass test considers me more "centrist libertarian-conservative"...
Having now taken the quiz, I appear to align more with Bob Hagglund's positions than with Tiffany Smiley's positions by 2 percentage points.
And I had never heard of either one of them before this evening.

I didn't see where the quiz scores you with a political descriptor (a la "Too Right Wing For GOP"), but the party scoring rates me as:
Constitution (89%)
Republican (87%)
Libertarian (83%)

With (0, 0) being the center of the Political Compass coordinate system (Centrist), I place at (+3, +2) on the (x, y) axis (I'm the white star in the blue circle). So, I guess that makes me a right-libertarian. I can be proud of that...
1638073305271.png

Last Edited:
You're about where I am, @sobo --WSRP is considerably Left of National, and ever since Goldwater's loss has chosen a deliberate strategy of ditancing itself from the national party and "those icky rubes in flyover country".

Having now taken the quiz, I appear to align more with Bob Hagglund's positions than with Tiffany Smiley's positions by 2 percentage points.

I didn't see where the quiz scores you with a political descriptor (a la "Too Right Wing For GOP"), but the party scoring rates me as:
Constitution (89%)
Republican (87%)
Libertarian (83%)

With (0, 0) being the center of the Political Compass coordinate system (Centrist), I place at (+3, +2) on the (x, y) axis (I'm the white star in the blue circle). So, I guess that makes me a right-libertarian. I can be proud of that...
View attachment 1078422
That looks like roughly where I would show up.

Constitution (89%)
Republican (87%)
Libertarian (83%)

View attachment 1078422
Since I've never seen you post anything troll-y, trashy, or stupid, I'm going to assume we just agree on everything. Thank you for taking the quiz for us.

🤪👍

I'm about 45 degrees just up and right on the chart from Constitution--appropriate since "show me the Constitutional authority for this" is my first thought on any proposed legislation.

Interesting that the map says most of us would be better fits in Wyoming, Oklahoma, Arkansas or North Texas...

A bigger question is can any pro 2A group vouch for her? Every Democrat politician is a 2A supporter. As long as you get their permission for what they think is OK. Which isn't much.

So anyone coming out as a supporter is moot without someone cosigning them. There were several "pro gun" politicians cutting AR15s in half (None had any sights, optics, scratches..), only a few years ago. But it is probably better to risk some new blood to send the do nothing current breed a message.

I'm about 45 degrees just up and right on the chart from Constitution--appropriate since "show me the Constitutional authority for this" is my first thought on any proposed legislation.
So, (+4, +2) on the (x, y) axes for you?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top