Simply Triggers
Gun Deals
Defensive Arts
HighLine Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Southwest Firearms

GWS

Reactions
She's the Republican candidate running against Patty Murray for a WA Senate seat.
Does anyone know what her position is on our Second Amendment rights?

I won't donate any money till I know where she stands on this.

Reactions
Looking into this now. Found this:

Hooktube link in case you hate google/youtube

EDIT:

No mention on here website. That's a red flag to me.

On The Issues and I Side with both have no 2A data for her.

Washington Post doesn't use the words "gun" or "amendment" in this article on her. I would expect them to bash her on it if they were aware of her taking a "pro" position.

She's a politician and therefor not to be trusted until she has a history of delivering for us.

Last Edited:
Reactions
My suggestion would be to write up a list of the Bloomberg Ban Initiatives and legislative madness, then some other common measures both for and against us, and ask her to give each a one-word "Support/Neutral or Unsure/Oppose" on each by email.

Work up the list in this thread and if nobody else reaches out to her by email I'll see what I can do. @Dave Workman it might be worthwhile to reach out via SAF/CCRKBA, or if anyone has a contact for GOAL-WA...

Nosferatu

Reactions
Threads like these are why Patty Murry has been getting reelected since 1992.

"OMG, the alternate candidate doesn't align with me 100%? THEY MUST BURN!!!"

I've emailed Smileys campaign on the issue. I'll report back if I hear anything. Those who use social media should contact her via that avenue.

At this point, there must be a VERY compelling reason for me to vote for any incumbent, especially ones with a 'D' after their name (and I'm not even a Republican.).

GWS

Reactions
I'll take even 75% as long as PRO GUN is settled first. That one issue decides whether or not you even get the interview, after that we can negotiate as long as you're with me at least three times more than you're against me.
Bingo! Pro gun is my hot button too. If they aren't pro 2A then its unlikely I'm going to agree with anything else that candidate is pushing.
Replacing Patty Murray with an anti-gunner makes no sense to me.
And I still haven't heard back from Ms. Smiley regarding her stand on gun rights.
I'm not donating anything unless I get a response I like.

As to wet-side R politicians, I would vote for my state senator, Linda Wilson for any office she decides to run for. Ditto for Reps Harris and Kraft They are, IMO solid conservatives and definitely pro 2A.

USMC1911

Reactions
Bingo! Pro gun is my hot button too. If they aren't pro 2A then its unlikely I'm going to agree with anything else that candidate is pushing.
Replacing Patty Murray with an anti-gunner makes no sense to me.
And I still haven't heard back from Ms. Smiley regarding her stand on gun rights.
I'm not donating anything unless I get a response I like.

As to wet-side R politicians, I would vote for my state senator, Linda Wilson for any office she decides to run for. Ditto for Reps Harris and Kraft They are, IMO solid conservatives and definitely pro 2A.
Well if Smiley and Murray have the same view on the 2nd then the other issues are just as important. Lots of us are single issue voters to our own detriment. Vote accordingly.

Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Let Freedom Ring
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Cerberus Training Group
Southwest Firearms

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors January Gun Show
Portland, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Chehalis, WA
Wes Knodel Gun Shows