JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday I called my Dr. cause I have a sinus infection from my stupid allergies, he was on vacation so they sent me to a different doctors office that covers for my doctor when he is out.

Since I had never been to this doctor before I had to fill out four pages of the usual bs and when I got to the last page here was some of the questions.

1. Do you have Firearms in your home?

2. if so are they locked up?

3. Do you live in a safe home?

4. Who lives with you?

They had yes, no and not applicable on the firearms questions so I just answered not applicable cause I knew if I just wrote none of your damn business they would just probably note that I do have guns or something.

Just ticked me off that they would ask this and thought I would let everyone know.

It's probably a good thing you did not put down it's NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS. They probably would have put you down as HOSTILE and in need of MENTAL CARE. Then they would send out Law Enforcement to take your guns until you got help.

Ozonated water (you can buy generators at amazon, cheap) and oil of oregano will fix your sinuses. I haven't been to a PHD since I was 17 except for a job application related test

Antibiotics just weaken your immune system

How come people seem to think if a form is put in front of them they HAVE to answer the questions on it.

On forms I ONLY fill out information appropriate to the situation.

Last time I was seen by a Dr they had all kinds of questions including my employer and such. It was similar to your case where I had an ear infection. I just flat didn't answer the questions I didn't feel had any part in my care. No problems.......

My son got asked the same question on a sports physical last year. I came home from work and he told me about it, said he answered no because the question was a violation of his privacy. Keep in mind I spend every sunday morning de-programing my entire family and protecting my kid's from the public school system.

1. Do you have Firearms in your home?
No, but I do have fireANTS which are much more painful.

2. if so are they locked up?
You cannot lock up ants...

3. Do you live in a safe home?
My current status in the Witness Protection Program prohibits me from disclosing any information regarding safe houses.

4. Who lives with you?
You'd have to ask them.

Do you have Firearms in your home?
Yes
if so are they locked up?
No, they did not come equipped with locking devices.
Do you live in a safe home?
Safe from what specifically? Flood, fire, earthquake, hurricane, burglary? I cannot directly answer the question due to it's vagueness.
Who lives with you?
Due to her popularity she would prefer to remain anonymous.

Ozonated water (you can buy generators at amazon, cheap) and oil of oregano will fix your sinuses.

??? what kind of generator, I suffer from sinus problems too! I also agree w/Black Dog just say no, otherwise you'll be flagged or something. It's B.S. but going to get worse with OBAMACARE. When they control the health system they control everything.

My son got asked the same question on a sports physical last year. I came home from work and he told me about it, said he answered no because the question was a violation of his privacy. Keep in mind I spend every sunday morning de-programing my entire family and protecting my kid's from the public school system.

I too spend a great deal of time de-programming my Elementary School age kids but they don't understand most of it yet. They do know racism is not exclusive to whites and guns don't kill people, you know, the basics.

Nice way: Speak to the Doctor and tell him that you do not want to be asked these questions because it is none of his business. Inform him that if he persists that you will take your business elsewhere.

Appropriate way: Ask the Doctor if he engages in ____ sex; when he replies it is none of your business tell him that is exactly how you feel about his firearms questions.

Nice way: Speak to the Doctor and tell him that you do not want to be asked these questions because it is none of his business. Inform him that if he persists that you will take your business elsewhere.

Appropriate way: Ask the Doctor if he engages in ____ sex; when he replies it is none of your business tell him that is exactly how you feel about his firearms questions.

That's another question they asked on the form, if I engaged in sex. Maybe that is what caused my sinus infection. :)

I'm must be screwed I talk guns with my doctor all the time. The last conversation was about how he had gotten a night vision scope for his FAL and how his groups with it were getting down under 2" at 200 yards. And how hard it was for him to find .40SW

I do know that a lot of doctors (especially Pediatricians) will ask this question, not to be overly nosy but because they will offer free gun locks if you don't have them.

Its within your right to answer however you want. That said, there are lots of gun owners who aren't responsible and leave loaded guns where little kiddies could easily get access to them. Offering them a lock might make them think that (duh) maybe I should keep these secure from my kids.

But yeah, don't admit anything, who knows what insurance companies will do with the info.

if is fun to take physicians out for a trip. most are clueless about real life experiences i.e. hunting, camping, shooting, four wheeling, etc. take them for the trip and have fun with them. but be honest when they get to the pertinent questions. J.M.O.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top