JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That Thunderstruck seems rather GINORMOUS for a .22WMR BUG... I carry this NAA Pug in .22WMR as my daily BUG.... I can hide it behind my palm.
View attachment 625933

Honestly how does it shoot for you being that small? I haven't had the pleasure to shoot one before, I have slightly above average hand size I had to add a larger finger extension to my Sig 2022 if that gives any idea

Don't get me wrong it also looks like I would bash my booger hooks all on the trigger gaurd of the thunder struck but looks can be deceiving

B082CCFA-518D-409E-AC14-71A5C8D70551.jpeg

It's huge for a .22 mag. That thing looks as large as the Sig P365 (9mm). The issue would be mostly that about every other ammo has been worked by all the mfg to optimise it's self-defense effectiveness. Think of the HST's and Gold dots for .38 and 9mm. .22WMR hasn't seen that. If they did this in a .38 and you could use Hornady Critical defense or HST that would be something. In that case, why not 2 mags (instead of a revolver) and 2 barrels.

....says "the trigger pull is much too heavy". Well, at least it's difficult to hit a 10" plate at 10 feet? o_O

Why?
-
( My internet guess ? ) .. Have not seen the schematics, so don't know if it has 2 striker springs ? or It might just have one badass striker spring ?
But . 2 Barrels = 2 strikers and two Primmer strikes for one pull , = force of strike needed for reliable ignition .
Basically, One Pull = 2 Hits . So You most likely need the two-finger trigger design to really help the (heavy trigger pull) , due to stiffer/heavier spring striker force needed for reliable igniting for reliable strike doing two Primers at one pull .

-
( My internet guess ? ) .. Have not seen the schematics, so don't know if it has 2 striker springs ? or It might just have one badass striker spring ?
But . 2 Barrels = 2 strikers and two Primmer strikes for one pull , = force of strike needed for reliable ignition .
Basically, One Pull = 2 Hits . So You most likely need the two-finger trigger design to really help the (heavy trigger pull) , due to stiffer/heavier spring striker force needed for reliable igniting for reliable strike doing two Primers at one pull .

You're very nice to have gone to the trouble to explain all that. :s0155: :) But the "Why" was meant for the gun in it's self...As in WHY?

I generally hesitate to put down any firearm as I'm still somewhat a neophyte to firearms and the community surrounding them. But this one I'm making an exception for.

You're very nice to have gone to the trouble to explain all that. :s0155: :) But the "Why" was meant for the gun in it's self...As in WHY?

I generally hesitate to put down any firearm as I'm still somewhat a neophyte to firearms and the community surrounding them. But this one I'm making an exception for.
-
I don't hate the pistol, It unique and I Do Respect the person and visualization of the mechanics of design and work putting it to a working firearm .
I am sure there is a CC place for mini-revolver volly rimfire use 'somewhere' but I have not yet managed to traveled to that location in life .

( myself ) I would not carry it, as there are already an assortment of little auto-feed subcompact .380's for tight CQ . I like a DAO and have a few, and I would carry a subcompact revolver in 38spl and 357 . .. and Even though it is a 'Mag.' .22 Rimfire Round . I am sure that a .22 rimfire can kill and I would hate to be LungPunched even with a .22 short . I have little respect for .22 rimfire as a Carry tool .

Those 2 guys are not helping themselves on that a shotshow sales pitch Vid. ...LOL .
on sideXside volly barrel .22 mag. . It 8 Rounds, but you only get ( 4 ) 'trigger pulls' shots of anemic .22 Mag. sideXside .
Also that 2-Finger trigger . definitely a screwed-up grip design where you remove one of the strongest fingers (middle finger) off drawing and gripping handle, and use it for a trigger pull .

Vid.quote:
..." design premise design for amateur novice self defense pistol ". and ..." last ditch self defense pistol ".

If a novice amateur wants a hideous trigger-pull, sub-sized last ditch defense pistol, Use a Keltec with +P.380 , and is 10x better .
also I cant see where the (for example) , S&W 642 airweight .38 spl.+P , is not close to same size as this .22 mag. Thunderstruck and in the 642 you get ( 5 ) Rounds of hand rocking kill power . And with the SW 642 you still blessed with the SAME hideous trigger pull ' as you do with the Thunderstruck .

I took it out to the home range just now and put about 10 cylinders through it. Impression:

• The sights are good, high visibility type.
  • Accuracy was so-so and weird. Decent at bad breath range, but worthless at any longer.
  • The trigger is weird, but not in a bad way. Someone with grip strength issues could benefit from it.
  • The extractor is absolute crap. It looked too short to me and that was confirmed whilst shooting it. Each casing has to be fingernailed out.
Bottom line: It is different and goofy. Will I hang on to it? Doubtful. I'll let the Mrs give it a spin first, but she's not into it, I'll likely get bored of this one fast.

Cheers.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top