JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many years ago I was at a BBQ at a friends house not far from me and most of the attendees were 'gun people'.

Well the host mentioned he had a ' .38 Special Derringer' he wanted to sell and brought it out with a bag of some wadcutter target ammo so we set up a hunk of wood in a dirt bank and we all tried a shot or two. I can't remember the brand of the Derringer but it was a nickel plated, typical style and I was surprised I could actually hit the target, moderately accurately, at about 15 yards.

I was considering it as a 'novelty' but someone else stepped up and took it!

The front looks like a pig's snout..

Here piggy, piggy...

B L A M ! !

Posted this on another thread. My 2(!) came in the other day and have not had a chance to fire yet. Yes, 2! In hopes that it does make it to the "Forgotten" list! I am a huge fan of, 'the weird and unusual' and I feel this will settle right in! I'll have to place it next to my other weirdest one... my S&W Model 53! Look what these things did! I believe, I paid less than $250 for it, at the time and now they go for 10X that!

You people have not done your due diligence. There is a reason for the weird and heavy trigger. These are all for safety! This thing has no safety and DAO! Trigger is well protected with Integral articulated trigger safety, transfer bar blocks the firing pins from the hammers, etc. It seems to be very sensitive to different ammo manufacturers and only 3 are recommended by Standard. They, themselves have mentioned the key-holing with the other ammo. They even recommend staggering a defensive load with a shotshell load, interesting! I have large hands and the grip extension (though, it is not bad without it) and ankle holster are on order.

I think it's pretty cool, as do a lot of others, judging by the comments on many sites. I'll shoot it and there will be one sitting in my safe that will be brand new. I also believe, that with the new administration... these just might become obsolete.

I am not a half bad shot, ranking in the top 10 in local competitive shooting and I am not going to be using this as a crutch, for my inability to shoot! I know it will get a lot of range/plinking time. Doubtful, I'll ever have the opportunity to see what it does in a real life/death situation (thank God), but I have to assume that the adrenaline alone, will be able to pull the trigger.

Thanx guys, I like 'em and that is really..., all that matters!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top