JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Used to have the Johnny Seven. Would be fun if I still had it. (Probably worth a lot to a collector, too)

Now, it's likely you'd see someone try to build one out of an AR, or that carbine conversion for Glocks.

else

I have a toy "Mare's Leg" from many years ago. uses red paper roll caps. I really should get a camera instead of copying other's photos.
f0374b6040039616bcf04ca903ab2dfe.jpg

When I was 10 or 11 I had a realistic (all steel, no bright orange bits anywhere) .38 snub nosed revolver replica that "shot" little plastic caps that came in full moon clip "speed loaders." I was allowed to take it with me ON A PLANE when going to stay the Summer with relatives. Of course, it was the 1970s and a simpler, more innocent time...

THUNDERBURP & Gung Ho Commando!

I had a thunder burp style Thompson with stick mag and no echo chamber but it had a vented conical flash hider and a nice infrared scope for night shooting (red plastic see through lenses, the reticle was cross hair with a circle in the middle, the reticle was a bit thick for my tastes...but I still could hit anything I was "shooting" at. Very Satisfying to pull the bolt back and then squeeze the trigger and listen to the burp ratatatatat.

Brutus Out

I had this exact toy when I was a kid. I remember it very clearly.This was the mid 60's. Name the child actor in this commercial. I was suprised who it was the first time I watched the video.

I did not realize until I saw this vintage video. That it almost looks like a prototype of the Magpul FMG. Very interesting.

To add to my above post. The best toy gun I ever had was the Mattel Tommy Burst in green camo from the TV show COMBAT with VIC MORROW!!
2438465_2_l.jpg

My Younger brother had the same toy gun in brown and blued finish but his was from the TV show DICK TRACY

mattel-1960s-dick-tracy-tommy-burst-toy-cap-gun_191802705150.jpg

I have every once and a while thought about getting one off eBay and then I look at how much they are and figure screw it I have real firearms now.

We had double braces of chrome SAA Colts and Snub nose revolvers and I think at least one if not more of the Mattel Winchester rifles. Lots of Cap guns in the 60's to play with. Even had a "girl friend" That liked to chew spent caps (weird little girl who was cute as then come and grew up into a beautiful woman) she lived across from grandma (the main source of all the best toys and most the toy guns).

To add to my above post. The best toy gun I ever had was the Mattel Tommy Burst in green camo from the TV show COMBAT with VIC MORROW!!
View attachment 310279

My Younger brother had the same toy gun in brown and blued finish but his was from the TV show DICK TRACY

View attachment 310280

I have every once and a while thought about getting one off eBay and then I look at how much they are and figure screw it I have real firearms now.

We had double braces of chrome SAA Colts and Snub nose revolvers and I think at least one if not more of the Mattel Winchester rifles. Lots of Cap guns in the 60's to play with. Even had a "girl friend" That liked to chew spent caps (weird little girl who was cute as then come and grew up into a beautiful woman) she lived across from grandma (the main source of all the best toys and most the toy guns).

I am sure mine was the same molding as above but they added a flash hider and the "Infrared Scope". What a hoot. This was it but it wasn't in camo, just black and silver.

Brutus Out

s-l1600.jpg

Some place in my boxes of Krap, have a set of the Disney Black Hole movie Toy Double Guns, as well as all the action figures! I also have s few toy guns from Space 1999! It's my understanding that both were Canadian only and not sold here in the states! One of these days I will have to dig out those boxes and take pictures. I cannot find any on line of these!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top