JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently, 2 months ago, got into throwing knives. I bought a set of the SOG 10" throwing knives, and overall have been pretty pleased. However yesterday one of them broke in the handle. No misuse or anything, just hit my wood plank at an odd angle and broke. I sent it in and hopefully the warranty dept. will take care of it. I digress. Not the point of the thread.

What throwing knives have you used and had good experience with? I throw about a 1/2 hour every day from distance up to 30 feet. I want something that is sturdy and has some weight to it. By the way knife throwing is an extremely addicting hobby, so don't start unless you want to be an addict. :)

I've got a set of three custom throwing knives that I bought from the maker at a knife show had to give up throwing because of a bad shoulder I can remember the makers name off hand but these knives will never brake. used to do alot of throwing both knives and tomahawks.

Just read this historical note yesterday. There was a famous duel between two indian tribes over possession of a hot springs in the SW USA.. one tribe had a giant Indian as their champion, the other tribe chose a white man who was friendly to the tribe.. the white man was a lot smaller but an experienced soldier

The battle was with bowie knives.. as they came together the white man threw his bowie and it sunk to the hilt in his opponent's chest, killing him

It can work

I have had good luck with the Cold Steel throwing knives, specifically the Sure Balance model. A real heavyweight knife, over 18 oz, and has seen some abuse. Everyone from my elementary age kids to my parents have been able to successfully stick them with very little practice.

I will say I got a deal from their outlet store at one point when they sold a set of three for an awesome price. Definitely worth shopping around.

I've got several sets and am pleased with my Cold Steel True Flight knives. They're well built and don't bend. I have had to replace the paracord wraps on the handles after cutting them with subsequent knives! Sort of a PITA but easy enough to do.

I've also got a nice set of Gil Hibben throwing knives. Also very well made and heavy for their size: Gil Hibben Generation 2 Large Throwing Knives Triple Set

Throwers are definitely "a get what you pay for commodity." Every cheap knife I've ever thrown has bent or broken from a poor impact.

I must give a shout out to SOG. I had a three knife set of these throwing knives. Cost me about $50. I sent my one knife that broke, in to their warranty department on Monday. It is Friday and I had a package at the door when I got home. They sent me a whole new set, including the sheath. I send in one, they return me three. I now have 5, and that makes throwing them that much more enjoyable, because there is nearly half the walking.

Though I have read that these knives break at the "G' in the Word SOG (which mine did) showing that the design may not be that great, the manufactures warranty is GREAT. Shown below is a picture of my first set of throws this evening from 21 feet. Sorry for the quality, it was taken with an old phone.
P0003_092112.jpg
I love this 'sport'.

P0003_092112.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR