JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bore tech copper solvent, making rifles shoot great again! I have brought back many a rifle for friends that was thought to be "shot out", found only to be severly copper fouled. Just yesterday I set a friend up with the supplies to get a new to him Sako rid of the copper that I am sure is standing in the way of great accuracy. Of course many other maladies came with some of these rifles as well. Like cheap misaligned scope mounting systems, loose scope mounts, random tight spots in barrel channel, sling stud screws too long and contacting barrel, and various other detractors of accuracy. I take these on as a personal challenge and find it quite rewarding to get them shooting correctly. I also tend to think Tac is correct about the longish throats of milsurp rifles. So reloading with proper bullet selection and seating depth should help immensely.

Excellent post. I also think some of us here like to tinker with rifles more than others.... The OP could learn a few things from posts like yours. At least get him heading in the right direction. There are so many things that can affect accuracy. He's also yet to answer my question regarding the scope. Is it a "proven" scope? I also gave him a good list to check. All things that will affect accuracy in most rifles..

Wow; I have so much to learn! I'm a pistol guy but new-ish to rifles. It sounds like taking it to a 'Smith for an inspection is a good start, particularly as it's used and a "sporterized" milsurp 1917 Enfield. I'm not expecting laser accuracy but I was benching 6-8" groups at 100yds with no appreciable wind. If a little work can get that into the 9/10 rings consistently I'll be happy. Any recommendations for a good rifle Smith around Everett? (Haven't updated my profile yet...:rolleyes:)
Send me a PM. I know a great gunsmith in Snohomish. He did some beautiful work on my Colt Python, and rebarreled my 1910 Luger. Bimmerstuff

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top