JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The important question is, was a background check performed? If I-594 had already been enacted then clearly the shooter would have failed to pass the background due to age and this senseless mass shooting would not have happened.

The important question is, was a background check performed? If I-594 had already been enacted then clearly the shooter would have failed to pass the background due to age and this senseless mass shooting would not have happened.

this SH*T is not enacted till the 4th! SO NO Get with the program. Oh that's right your in OR wait till its your turn.

complacent, negligent, lazy gun owners are our own worst enemy.

How are we ever going to get gun owners like these out to vote for they're OWN RIGHTS! They are too lame and lazy to protect their own children! This type of incident is tragic on so many levels. Ugh!

complacent, negligent, lazy gun owners are our own worst enemy.
Yes, but it may also be due to the fact that we don't educate people as they are growing up. The sad thing is that kids in school get "safe sex" training but the same educators who want that do not want "safe firearms handling" taught which would, if taught in schools each year, decrease the odds of stupid handling of firearms. It would reduce the odds of irresponsible owners or even ignorant accidents by people who have gotten to the age where they could own firearms but have not had sufficient training to know how to handle them properly. It wouldn't stop stupidity but it could cut down on things like this where people may have simply not thought it out as to proper handling and safe storage of firearms.

a lot of gun owners don't want to be "educated". i have lost count of the number of gun owners i've encountered who refuse to listen to anything safety related.

Yes, but it may also be due to the fact that we don't educate people as they are growing up. The sad thing is that kids in school get "safe sex" training but the same educators who want that do not want "safe firearms handling" taught which would, if taught in schools each year, decrease the odds of stupid handling of firearms. It would reduce the odds of irresponsible owners or even ignorant accidents by people who have gotten to the age where they could own firearms but have not had sufficient training to know how to handle them properly. It wouldn't stop stupidity but it could cut down on things like this where people may have simply not thought it out as to proper handling and safe storage of firearms.

It used to be taught in schools. Marksmanship, safety, all of it, but the frilly dillys won't let a kid even have a damned boy scout knife anymore hell they won't let them bring a fork to eat their lunch with.
Get control of the education system again and out of the reach of the leftists or we WILL lose this country. !!!

a lot of gun owners don't want to be "educated". i have lost count of the number of gun owners i've encountered who refuse to listen to anything safety related.
That's why you catch them as kids and do it then. They will usually be more pliant when it is done at an early age.

Back to the cause. It is lack of training and familiarity with firearms with the youth other than gang banger BS.
We grew up with competitive shooting in the schools in most areas, during the hunting seasons we carried our rifles or shotguns to school and stored them in our lockers till after school and hunted in the canyons and fields on the way home and fishing gear was taken and stored the same way during the salmon season and even the for the pasture creeks along with the 22 rifle then.

What happens today is ignorance and inability for kids to tell one end of a gun from the other and the anti's actually caused most accidental shootings due to that.

I never heard of gun "accidents" growing up because people were taught how to handle them properly at a young age.
Or......... Not handle them at all till of a proper age.
They were taught what they would and could do.

Last Edited:
not everything was "smarter" back then. people widely shot without hearing or eye protection up till the 80s.

i don't know at what point cooper's rules became hammered as they are now, but some of the older guys have some pretty wild bad habits. i nearly shat my pants when an old experienced "pro" shooter looked straight down the muzzle to diagnose a misfire.

i'm amazed how i've even seen posters ON THIS FORUM pooh-pooh and dismiss safety rules.

so many gun owners seem to take offense of 'safety' as a challenge to their manhood or virility. i think the only way this is going to change is if negligence is publically shamed.

leaving loaded firearms openly accessible to 3 and 4 year old children, that needs to be shamed.

Last Edited:
not everything was "smarter" back then. people widely shot without hearing or eye protection up till the 80s.

i don't know at what point cooper's rules became hammered as they are now, but some of the older guys have some pretty wild bad habits. i nearly shat my pants when an old experienced "pro" shooter looked straight down the muzzle to diagnose a misfire.

i'm amazed how i've even seen posters ON THIS FORUM pooh-pooh and dismiss safety rules.

so many gun owners seem to take offense of 'safety' as a challenge to their manhood or virility. i think the only way this is going to change is if negligence is publically shamed.

leaving loaded firearms openly accessible to 3 and 4 year old children, that needs to be shamed.

There were idiots at all ages, but not near as much as now. We learned and taught safety and marksmanship from when we were old enough to pick up a gun. Safety was the first thing that was drummed into us and was the first thing that we drummed into our kids. You will find a turd in the pickle barrel anywhere if you look hard enough, but that was not the norm in the pre 70's The leftist AH's did this to us, and most of us are damned pissed at what has happened.

the majority of pants crapping wild stuff i've seen are from old codgers. FWIW.

negligent gun owners need to be shunned like child abusers.

That's why you catch them as kids and do it then. They will usually be more pliant when it is done at an early age.

Khrushchev and his shoe pounding bs said they would beat us without firing a shot, and since 1968 they have been in full gear working their minions into our society and every gov agency in the country and full out into the education system. It is now or never. We cannot afford to wait much longer to take it all back. And the vote turnout in WA this year and in Oregon do not bode well for even standing a chance to peacefully regain our country. So what is your move folks?
Sit and watch it all go away or ?????????? What is the solution?
I know one. But there is no will or stomach for it. Except for the Red Diaper Doper Welfare babies everyone just lays down and pretty much look dead. Those leftist crapolas never shut up or stop rioting and protesting and expecting free government everything.
The real Americans don't do squat.
So what is the solution and when, if ever will that solution happen ??????
I sure don't see it happening at the polls. Nationally yes, but did we actually gain or did we get more rinos? State wise the west coast is a Sheitez Pit.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads