JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I actually don't want to be paranoid. :(
As Tanya Metaksa, co developer of the NRA's Refuse To Be A Victim program says in her book, Safe, Not Sorry; "Find that thin, moving line between paranoia and preparedness, and walk in it."
That's where I want to be-walkin' the line. ;):)

Situational awareness is NOT paranoia, it's one of the few winning gene markers in the process of natural selection! ;)

It's an "Art" that has to be developed . . . and practiced!!
Over the years it has been bred out of the general population!!

Thanks for the correction it was lunch time>

Sheldon

Last Edited:
I actually don't want to be paranoid. :(
As Tanya Metaksa, co developer of the NRA's Refuse To Be A Victim program says in her book, Safe, Not Sorry; "Find that thin, moving line between paranoia and preparedness, and walk in it."
That's where I want to be-walkin' the line. ;):)

Ya that paranoia is killing my dating prospects:D. US single guys ain't got a chance to meet women now days as they think they are going to be victimized. I probably would do better without all the bandoliers of ammo and the full auto gun strapped around my neck but hey which is more important.:s0140:

Ya that paranoia is killing my dating prospects:D. US single guys ain't got a chance to meet women now days as they think they are going to be victimized. I probably would do better without all the bandoliers of ammo and the full auto gun strapped around my neck but hey which is more important.:s0140:

HA!
You jes' need to hunt down yerself a woman with bandoliers of ammo and a full auto strapped around her neck...then send her a case of .22LR...:p:D:D

HA!
You jes' need to hunt down yerself a woman with bandoliers of ammo and a full auto strapped around her neck...then send her a case of .22LR...:p:D:D

She moved back to Florida, guy had a newer gun and how to use it better. Don't know if she gave up firearms:D. Some just don't get my humor.:rolleyes:

No really it has to be difficult in today's world for women. Lots more women at the gun club now days and I bet in the future it will help take back our streets. Carrying a gun changes you entire outlook on life, I hope as women find this new freedom they stand behind the constitution that gave it to them.

Naaa...just the ones with bandoliers of ammo and full autos strapped around their necks...BWAHAHAHA!!! ;);):p:p

Well I guess that means you don't want to meet the club members down here and get to try out their full autos.:D We have a spring shoot we put on every year so people can try things that they will never be able to own in Washington. See as of now we in Oregon are still part of the USA and can have full autos. Get in the mood for a fun road trip look up the ARPC Web site and come join in the fun.

. I turned toward him to make sure he knew I was aware of him, then darted around the corner and left. He did not follow me, and maybe I was being paranoid, but his behavior was definitely described in many books and videos as 'interviewing' or attempting to get within contact range.

He was completely interviewing you. You took appropriate action and stopped the interview at the first stage, with minimal input and action on you part. If he had made even voice contact with you, that would have been step two, and additional action on your part to extract yourself from the situation would have been required.

Good job...people really need to understand exactly the type of criminal behavior you described.

He was completely interviewing you. You took appropriate action and stopped the interview at the first stage, with minimal input and action on you part. If he had made even voice contact with you, that would have been step two, and additional action on your part to extract yourself from the situation would have been required.

Good job...people really need to understand exactly the type of criminal behavior you described.

Thank you.
I totally sensed that his behavior changed after he spotted me, and I would have never recognized this as potentially predatory had I not been reading much from authors like Rory Miller, Marc MacYoung and Gavin De Becker.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top