JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone here tried the immersive shooting scenario package at Threat Dynamics?

My sweetheart sent me groupon ad to maybe do this with her 17-year old ninja.

Worthwhile adventure? I'm a competent sport shooter with a few years of LEO experience (a long time ago). Her boy is a good shot with excellent range discipline and a dead deer to his credit. Hope he doesn't smoke me like he does at laser tag.

Thanks in advance for reviews/impressions.

I did it a few years ago for a friends birthday. It was fun. I am not convinced that it has a lot of real training value primarily because the scenarios are relatively limited in their fluidity. If you ever played Dragons Lair back in the day, its kind of like that. You are in a video and if you do X then the story goes down one path, otherwise it goes down another path. There is flat 2-D room that you start in and that was pretty cool for basic technique practice - which I think might be actually a little useful. Kind of like dry firing with a little CO2 based kick in the modified Glock. The 3d room is much cooler though. Scenarios are fun, including a store robbery, a tactical parking lot shootout etc. It feels a little bit fake because there is no cover, you cant move etc. but its cool for practicing stuff like reading the situation, when to pull your gun and when to talk people down shoot/no shoot targets, yelling commands etc. The best part for me was a simple target shooting scenario where you tried to get the best timed score. Playing that against my buddies was pretty fun. Let us know how you liked it after you go!

Been there a couple times with coworkers for teambuilders, I had a blast! Fun stuff, the live-action video brings you more into the scenario than a video game can, even if it does that Dragons Lair thing. I would recommend it, quite fun!

Cool responses guys, thanks. I'm not expecting Quantico tactical secret agent stuff at all. Just fun and a little adrenaline (my heart races when I play paintball).

I'll see if ninjaboy is up for it (as if I don't already know he answer...) and report back here after we go!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top