JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A babe in the woods when it comes to suppressors, and it may be too late anyway but gonna start the process by buying some threaded barrels for pistols.

Looking at them I have a choice between 1/2-28 and 13.5x1mm. Looking at suppressor sites it seems that 1/2-28 is the most common, but there are also "adapters", and some don't even mention thread at all (!?).

Thinking that going with a standard for my 9mm would be wise, ie, buying all the same thread. Any advice on which to choose, 1/2-28 or 13.5x1mm?

1/2x28 is the American standard thread pitch for anything 9mm.

Suppressors that are capable of being mounted to pistols use Nielson Devices. Most manufacturers make pistons in all known pistol threads. So if you can't get a certain threaded barrel, the one you did get, there is likely a piston for.

13.5mmx1LH is the European standard for 9mm. Anything from Glock, H&K, SIG etc used to come with 13.5x1LH. Recently though they've switched over the 1/2-28 at market request - with the exception of H&K.
In my opinion the 13.5mmx1LH is a far better thread system. It indexes on the muzzle to prevent gas getting down into the threads, and usually has an o-ring in the mount to seal it and to provide friction to prevent it from unscrewing.
If it's a pistol suppressor you're looking at, changing threads is usually as simple as changing the piston in the booster (aka nielsen device, asap, linear decoupler).

Well, I guess I'm "in jail" for now. Wait, no, the suppressor I ordered is in jail. Whew. Gotta learn the lingo.

Went the Silencer Shop kiosk way, so understand it'll be 4+ months. Starting small, a Mask for my .22 pistol. Got 1/2-28 threaded barrels for two of my 9mm, but decided to go .22 to start.

By the time the weather's fine! :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top