JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been using the standard black ones for years when installing devises that are not timing sensitive and they last quite awhile if its not too big and it smooshes out. They do make some red ones that are supposed to be more heat resistent.

Heat resistant o-rings are available and cheap on Amazon. I use one on a threaded barrel for a compensator For one of my pistols. So far it's worked fine but I also haven't put a thousand rounds through the barrel to give it a ringing endorsement. What I can say is that it was the only way I could get the compensator to stay put and tight. That said I prefer using metal shives to align and hold a compensator when I can. Rubber o-rings just happened to be the thing that worked and that was also what the manufacturer recommended. Not sure how long it would hold up on a long gun but presumably heat tolerances are well, heat tolerances, and it shouldn't matter?

9mm…..

If that gets hot enough…. You're running a really short barrel and shooting a lot.

Some of my factory built 9mm carbines have had them to keep the thread protector on. But that gets removed once I start using cans.

Torque, not a rubber gasket should hold the suppressor on.

$.02

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads