JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To the Administrators,

As a regional firearms forum, NWFA is unique given its breadth of topics and quality of content, and for that I am very thankful to the admins and moderators who work hard to make it so. And it is because of NFWA’s well deserved reputation that I write this post.

NWFA prohibits posting critical/derogatory comments on classified ads. Yet since the November elections there has been a significant volume of thread crapping in the classifieds forums, sometimes 10+ posts to a single thread. These derogatory comments have become a significant issue because:

1. They openly violate the forum rules
2. They demonstrate impertinent and childish behavior in the commenter, which lowers the standard of quality and bloats the forums with useless blather
3. They reveal a fundamental ignorance of the free market economic system that is foundational to our great nation, again reducing the quality of the forums
4. They degrade the civil dialogue that these forums are known for, and that the many sponsors and vendors here expect from an advertising venue focused on firearms

Personally, I've stopped posting ads on NWFA for anything of significant value, opting instead to use other forums that are not littered with childish thread crappers.

I realize it is a huge job to moderate forums with NWFA’s level of user traffic. One solution to reduce and hopefully eliminate thread crapping without unduly burdening the moderators is to implement a simple but tough policy:

Post a derogatory comment on a classified ad and get banned from the forums for two weeks. Do it again and get banned permanently.

Please consider such a policy for immediate implementation.

Thank you again for all of your hard work on this exceptional forum.

Sincerely,

Exnihilo

The last 18 threads you started here amounted to 17 for sale ads and 1 complaining about people not being nice in your forsale ads. Your not a site contributor. But you sure seam to treat it like a place to do your business.

Try involving yourself in the discussion.

The last 18 threads you started here amounted to 17 for sale ads and 1 complaining about people not being nice in your forsale ads. Your not a site contributor. But you sure seam to treat it like a place to do your business.

Are you crapping on his thread crapping thread?

Wait, am I crapping on your crapping on his thread crapping thread?!

My head hurts. I'm going to bed.

Sounds like sour grapes to me! I would prefer that the monitors remove all restrictions to thread crapping! By the way, I have never crapped on a thread, or whatever the term is. I enjoy the "additions" to the classified threads!
Exnihilo, your no longer placing ads on NWFA and placing ads on other webs seems an elegant solution to me. Keep up the good work!

I think if people are thread crappin on your sale adds I think it might be your threads that need help....Go rip people off on a website you cannot comment on...And I for one am for criticism(positive or negative)so Id like to see rule go away too....

When someone posts something for sale it should just be that, no other snide remarks, if you don't like it move on. This is how it works on other boards and the immature nature is dealt with swiftly. I am unsure why it is such a problem here, but it is a problem. My theory is there's a few more anti free market, types on this board who are once again late to the party, but it's just a guess...:s0114:

HUH?

no idea.jpg

When someone posts something for sale it should just be that, no other snide remarks, if you don't like it move on. This is how it works on other boards and the immature nature is dealt with swiftly. I am unsure why it is such a problem here, but it is a problem. My theory is there's a few more anti free market, types on this board who are once again late to the party, but it's just a guess...:s0114:

Not me Tap! In addition to my post above, I joined the site for information and entertainment and I have kind of a dark sense of humor. I enjoy the snide remarks! Some of them are among the best writing on here. As to the free market, the only time I have ever used the classifieds was to give a fellow member some ammo that I no longer needed. I didn't receive snide remarks! OK OK! Not relevant. Actually your post has got me thinking that perhaps my post is advocating a break with a tradition (and from your point of view common sense, maybe) for my own amusement. I always take your posts seriously. Perhaps more members on both sides could weigh in!

PS: I also was really annoyed by the whininess of the OP's post!

Last Edited:
I vote for unrestricted threadcrapping being allowed, as well. It is without question the most entertaining part of this website, and I don't consider myself an "anti free market type" at all. I also highly enjoy the ads themselves when they contain the phrase: "I don't HAVE to sell this..."!!!

That is exactly what the post is attempting to do, is it not? Unless I've missed something, the purpose of a classified ad is to conduct business, be it buy, sell, or trade. What do you think the purpose of a classified ad is, if not for business? Please enlighten.

Classifieds here are for MEMBERS to do occasional sales.

If your ONLY point in joining is to sell your stuff you hold a lot more weight if you contribute <broken link removed> vs coming here to make your $$ and complain about the people that use this board for more then a free selling area.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top