JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to make a list of thread crappers and call them on it. Somebody just did it to me and he was a idiot about it. This is just one of the many times. I hate people trying to call you out in public or pm.

This was his first post too so I am assuming he had another account here.

I say we start a thread with dirtbags and crappers to let others know who they are. Like the ones who never return calls, don't show up, promise to sell it to you and then they sell to someone else. This activity is happening more frequently and it is driving me nuts and they need to be known.

Just my opinion and I am going to start to give negative ratings for these people.

Here is my thread that he tried to crap on but failed to try and nail me.

Link: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/part-accessory-classifieds/41393-nib-bushnell-6500-4-5-30x50-tactical-mil-dot.html

I want to make a list of thread crappers and call them on it. Somebody just did it to me and he was a idiot about it. This is just one of the many times. I hate people trying to call you out in public or pm.

I say we start a thread with dirtbags and crappers to let others know who they are. Like the ones who never return calls, don't show up, promise to sell it to you and then they sell to someone else. This activity is happening more frequently and it is driving me nuts and they need to be known.

Just my opinion and I am going to start to give negative ratings for these people.

Link: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/part-accessory-classifieds/41393-nib-bushnell-6500-4-5-30x50-tactical-mil-dot.html

:s0036:

What I notice often happens is not like what the OP stated here, but when two or three posters get into a pissin match and in their argument get way off topic. Kinda messes up the idea behind the thread.
When I read some of that stuff I think to myself that they should move it to Craigslist Rants & Raves, because that's the kind of mentality I've seen there.
Usually that's about the time I unsubscribe from the thread.

Like the ones who never return calls,
Or do not answer PMs - especially when THEY are the seller and I (we) are the interested party. I mean if the seller is not going to answer a potential buyers' message then he/she must not be very interested in selling and should pull the ad.

Or do not answer PMs - especially when THEY are the seller and I (we) are the interested party. I mean if the seller is not going to answer a potential buyers' message then he/she must not be very interested in selling and should pull the ad.

I had that a couple of times happen recently. It was one of the first posts from the sellers. Now I'm not inclined to try and deal with a recently joined member, unless I see them actively communicating with other members.

Gee if we are going to try and set an entire thread up for that let's put one up that lists all the people on here who think that XYZ brand of firearm thats 3yrs old and had ??? rounds through it is worth almost 2x what it sold for new.

Then after we get that one full we can get a thread titled "Somebody lit the string on my tampon and I'm unhappy about it"

Or better yet let's just all put our big girl panties on, make sure our man card isn't expired and realize that we are a diverse culture here with wide ranges of moral compass' that guide our everyday actions.

A good example of that would be the guy who feels that everybody on here is a life long bud and adjusts his people filters accordingly, sometimes treating an open thread like a private conversation with a comment of " Wow that price is way too high, I'd give you $$$ for it." While that is thread crapping by definition it also may have been unintended, as the offending party may not have engaged the proper level of filtering prior to posting his response.

Gee if we are going to try and set an entire thread up for that let's put one up that lists all the people on here who think that XYZ brand of firearm thats 3yrs old and had ??? rounds through it is worth almost 2x what it sold for new.

Then after we get that one full we can get a thread titled "Somebody lit the string on my tampon and I'm unhappy about it"

Or better yet let's just all put our big girl panties on, make sure our man card isn't expired and realize that we are a diverse culture here with wide ranges of moral compass' that guide our everyday actions.

A good example of that would be the guy who feels that everybody on here is a life long bud and adjusts his people filters accordingly, sometimes treating an open thread like a private conversation with a comment of " Wow that price is way too high, I'd give you $$$ for it." While that is thread crapping by definition it also may have been unintended, as the offending party may not have engaged the proper level of filtering prior to posting his response.

WOW...a little rough huh?? sniff sniff. Can I have a hug??? :s0114::s0114:

Just illustrating the point that while there IS intentional Thread Crapping that does occur; I think some people need to realize that while a gun does hold value, I personally don't care if it's had 1 or 1000 rounds through it. Once a utilitarian firearm (glock, XD, S&W, hunting rifle, shotgun etc etc) has been purchased from a dealer.. IT is not worth what you paid for it, and all the whistles, bells and tacticool crap you are off loading to try and increase the supposed "value" of that firearm is maybe worth 50% of MSRP.

Or my favorite current thread.. is a used gun, unknown round count that brand new was sub $500, but somehow this one is worth well over $600..

But oh wait maybe thats ANOTHER thread we should start..

Point being in the infamous words of Rodney King... "Can't we all just get along..."

Duece if you really need to repair your fragile feelings, and get over on the Wet side let me know and I'll buy the first round.

Getting back to the OP and his particular thread that was crapped on the offending posts have been removed, but form what I can see that is a fair price for that scope.. Cheapest I could get it for was $849 plus shipping with the average being $925.. So it wasn't I was referring to in the post above.

Getting back to the OP and his particular thread that was crapped on the offending posts have been removed, but form what I can see that is a fair price for that scope.. Cheapest I could get it for was $849 plus shipping with the average being $925.. So it wasn't I was referring to in the post above.

The person posted "MUAHAHAHAH!!!!!!"
And then posted a link to a cheaper scope............it was the wrong model though, so he made himself look silly.

Intentionally trying to sabotage a sale is pretty rude.
If I had my way, ANTONE that does it on purpose would be denied access to the classifieds all-together.

Gotta agree w/ Gunner69 on this one.
I read a lot of crap on here that I disagree with or that pisses me off.
I just pull up my big boy manties and "change the channel" (and then go cry myself to sleep).:winkkiss:
Ain't nobody forcing you to read or agree with anything on this forum.
Also find that by reading some of those whose opinions differ from mine I actually get to challenge myself intellectually and test my own opinions.
Many on here have opinions in areas like politics that I strongly disagree with and really make my blood boil. Sometimes I learn something from them.
Seems that sometimes those I disagree with most on one topic are the most informative to me in other areas.
1st amendment rights good just like 2nd.:s0155:
Undercutting a guy's attempt to sell something is pretty low but those who behave rudely make their own beds to lie in sooner or later.

Ok well first off.. We have all once or twice im sure crapped on someones thread, unintentional, but then there are those guys who think that they know just as much as god and just can't resist the opportunity to be a jack @ss, but as for your comment about people not returning a call, then that's to bad.. if someone makes a deal with you and backs out for a reason then ok.... it happens... perhaps someone found a better deal, they can't spend the $$ like they thought they could or maybe they just had a change of heart about purchasing the item, yes it sux for the seller, but in these times it happens....

NOW as for making a deal with someone and them standing you up at the meet, well then thats where leaving bad feed back comes in... (In my opinion anyways) iv never had to leave it, but i would if someone stood me up like that..

I always look at someones feed back when we start talking about making a deal. if there is a few on there that arent positive reviews I'll question them about them, if they give me a legit reason as to why then ok.. but if they get all butt hurt then oh well their loss of a sale and i'll go else where..

there is an ignore function on here try using that if it bothers you so much.. :s0155:

P.S I was crapping while typing this... so .... yea....:banana:

Maybe this is a place to say something about brand knockers. They are crapping on every thread that has that brand for sale.

+1

I have several Rugers. One of them has been in the family longer than I have. It's never given us a lick of trouble. (I'm 48 by the way)

I had a Para Ordnance P12-45. Loved that gun.

I've never owned a Taurus, but my friend has two Taurus revolvers that are very nice guns. Finished well, shoot well and have never given him any trouble.

If you look on this forum you'll see these brands get bashed a lot. I have to wonder if the "bashers" ever have owned one, or are just regurgitating something they heard somewhere and have no real hands on experience.

Just illustrating the point that while there IS intentional Thread Crapping that does occur; I think some people need to realize that while a gun does hold value, I personally don't care if it's had 1 or 1000 rounds through it. Once a utilitarian firearm (glock, XD, S&W, hunting rifle, shotgun etc etc) has been purchased from a dealer.. IT is not worth what you paid for it, and all the whistles, bells and tacticool crap you are off loading to try and increase the supposed "value" of that firearm is maybe worth 50% of MSRP.

Or my favorite current thread.. is a used gun, unknown round count that brand new was sub $500, but somehow this one is worth well over $600..

But oh wait maybe thats ANOTHER thread we should start..

Point being in the infamous words of Rodney King... "Can't we all just get along..."

Duece if you really need to repair your fragile feelings, and get over on the Wet side let me know and I'll buy the first round.
Nahhhh I'm good....been yelled at nose to nose by professionals...But my brother does live in your neck of the woods..I'll call you from the sake distillery!!!:s0155::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top