JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After several anti-gun billionaires donated tens of millions of dollars to support i-594, Washington state's background check initiative, it looks like WA will now have some of the strictest gun transfer laws in the country.
Simply loaning a firearm to a friend could be construed as a felony under the new law.
The law was likely passed as many voters didn't really realize the full scope of the extremely restrictive set of laws and regulations. I highly doubt most Washington voters realized they were voting for one of the strictest laws of its kind in the nation.
Well, thousands of gun owners in Washington aren't taking the issue lying down. According to the RSVP count on a Facebook event page called "i594 I Will NOT Comply!" over 5,000 gun owners will meet in front of the state capitol in December and break the law on purpose.
Here is the description of the event:
We're not waiting for politicians, judges or lawyers. Our birthright is NOT to be touched. We call on our Sheriffs, local representatives and legislators to stand with us and uphold their oaths.
The Constitution is the supreme law and our God given rights are NOT open for negotiation. We choose to uphold the law as peacefully and principled as possible, but it will be upheld.
We will buy and sell guns from whom we please, we will not submit to background checks, we will not give up our rights, WE WILL NOT Comply.
We will rally at the capital, openly exchange guns, unveil and plan to break apart the entire legislation and violate i594 in every possible way. Because ALL law that violates the Constitution is not law, it is VOID!
This is being organized by the Gavin Seim for Liberty and Anthony Bosworth For Sheriff teams. Please show up. If you want to help with logistics you can pitch in a few bucks here: http://callmegav.com/donate/
The event also has a website in the event something happens to the Facebook page

:DYES.

It better be more than 5000 though.

Is that all that are there with any guts ?

If you all want to nullify that law, get one
hell of a lot more people there.

Don't let it be like the voter turnout was.

This is where the rubber meets the road.

About the only way to enforce such a farce is to have a registration. No way for LE to determine ownership.

That is what they were headed for. The People need to
flat out nullify the law. Make it not worth the paper it is on.
It is an infringement on the Constitution. An unjust law to begin with.

Not all will be breaking the law, geese folks. Many will be there to show solidarity as pro-gun owners who are damm well fed up with the rich bubblegums who throw their money around and buy our rights out from under our noses!!!
Since they can't get it done through the legislative system they turn to the people who vote with their hearts and feeling to tread on others rights!!!
I'll be there and am not afraid to tell the Gov. to suck GTH!!!

Not all will be breaking the law, geese folks. Many will be there to show solidarity as pro-gun owners who are damm well fed up with the rich bubblegums who throw their money around and buy our rights out from under our noses!!!
Since they can't get it done through the legislative system they turn to the people who vote with their hearts and feeling to tread on others rights!!!
I'll be there and am not afraid to tell the Gov. to suck GTH!!!

I share your sentiment, Jim. I'll see you at the rally in law-abiding protest of I-594.

Hope there will be these for everyone.
gun-rally-will-not-comply-ap.jpg

The guy behind this protest is not someone whose opinions I have a lot of respect for. He ran for Congress and got stomped in the primaries this year.

He's well to the right even for the area, which has been sending Doc Hastings to congress for 20 years. And something about that video strikes me as self-promotion, not dedication to this particular issue.

The guy behind this protest is not someone whose opinions I have a lot of respect for. He ran for Congress and got stomped in the primaries this year.

He's well to the right even for the area, which has been sending Doc Hastings to congress for 20 years. And something about that video strikes me as self-promotion, not dedication to this particular issue.
Gavin failed at being a politician. Politicians succeed because they're willing to compromise. If you're looking for someone who will compromise on the 2nd amendment then I have zero respect for you.

Gavin failed at being a politician. Politicians succeed because they're willing to compromise. If you're looking for someone who will compromise on the 2nd amendment then I have zero respect for you.

I'm not looking for someone whose agenda is self-promotion, rather than gun rights. And given his only months-old failed political bid and his stunt at Bundy Ranch, I have to wonder what this is really about: promoting Gavin Feim, or repealing 594?

:rolleyes:
Quoted from another thread with very similar subject.

There were 842,047 votes against this bill.
If that many would all stand up and not comply. This law would be
null and void, and they could not do squat about it. That is how to
nullify a bad law.

If ya can't get people to stand and nullify this law by simple non compliance with most of the 800,000+ that voted against it, they have you by the short ones.
It's Time to motivate like never before. If you can get people to stand as they did in Conn. You will own this.

What is really needed is a federal lawsuit. This statute is unconstitutional. Where is the NRA?
This is precisely what the left does when they don't get their way. Look at Prop 8 in Kalifornia. The conservative voters turned out in support of marriage between one man and one woman, passing the proposition by a wide margine. The left / LGBT community had it struck down in Federal court. I said it earlier. The best way to fight it is to go through the Federal courts. I-594 is in conflict with Federal law, and must be run up the court system.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top