JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alexx1401 said:

I mean MANY gun owners there need to look in the mirror for the reason

And while I don't disagree with this statement, there are bigger, more insidious problems.

Yep there is plenty of problems but, every election I watch as gun owners line up to shoot themselves in the foot. Many of them brag about how they are too just, moral, too much integrity, blah blah, to vote for the Rino, squish, or whatever they call the best person running who can win. My State and OR are both great examples of this. We have Governors who are all in on going after us, the law abiding. These Governors did not win in a vacuum. They had opponents that many gun owners said they could not vote for. So they got what we got, and then the crying begins. When gun owners refuse to help themselves it's hard to feel sorry for them when this happens.

Yep there is plenty of problems but, every election I watch as gun owners line up to shoot themselves in the foot. Many of them brag about how they are too just, moral, too much integrity, blah blah, to vote for the Rino, squish, or whatever they call the best person running who can win. My State and OR are both great examples of this. We have Governors who are all in on going after us, the law abiding. These Governors did not win in a vacuum. They had opponents that many gun owners said they could not vote for. So they got what we got, and then the crying begins. When gun owners refuse to help themselves it's hard to feel sorry for them when this happens.

So, a question for you.....Read this...Please.

Would you please tell me how 26% of the population of Oregon residents can out vote 74% of of the population of Oregon?

Every time these discussions come up you go on and on about gun owners not voting, or voting in favor of anti 2nd amendment polititions. Read those numbers. Now, maybe, we could have had Knute Buehler for Gov had those that didn't like him voted for him rather than the guy that didn't stand a chance. But as far as gun owners in Oregon there's NO chance that 26% will outvote the majority. Our only chance is to get people to believe the 2nd Amendment carries the same weight as the 1st, 4th and so on.

Would you please tell me how 26% of the population of Oregon residents can out vote 74% of of the population of Oregon?

Every time these discussions come up you go on and on about gun owners not voting, or voting in favor of anti 2nd amendment polititions. Read those numbers. Now, maybe, we could have had Knute Buehler for Gov had those that didn't like him voted for him rather than the guy that didn't stand a chance. But as far as gun owners in Oregon there's NO chance that 26% will outvote the majority. Our only chance is to get people to believe the 2nd Amendment carries the same weight as the 1st, 4th and so on.

Simplistically, voter turnout.

In "normal" years, on average, there are only about 50% of voter turnout. ie folks eligible to vote, whom actually do.

In 2018, Oregon was a record year, with >60% voter turnout. AND that's in our state where a voter really doesn't have to DO ANYTHING/GO ANYWHERE to vote, with several weeks to think about it too. Just drop it off. Not too difficult.

So, if that 26% always voted, and always voted as a 2A block? Change certainly could and would be made.

I know this is painful and I am sorry it causes pain. I can't make others see the facts if they cause some pain and they do not want to see them. Look at the Gov race as an example. How many gun owners do they say you have? Now how many votes did the opponent get? Not any where near the number. This is saying no one who does not own a gun voted for the opponent.
Now again this is really inconvenient and many want to just keep telling themselves we are out numbered. If that is true then by all means do nothing as we have lost and can never win, its over. Don't waste time writing letters, we lost and will never win, its over.
I know its painful but I refuse to hide the truth from those who get hurt. WAYYYY too many gun owners choose to sit out elections saying "we are outnumbered so my vote does nothing". A lot more proudly say they wrote in a name they know had no chance, so they threw their vote away. Again saying nothing we can do. Shrug, I can't make anyone see the facts who refuses because they do not like what gun owners are doing to themselves.
How many gun owners do you see here saying they wish Hilary had won? You really think they are all just lying? I doubt it. A lot of gun owners really wanted her to win. Surely she would be far more gun friendly:s0054:

"Any one of those people, they were committing a serious crime trying to acquire a product designed to take human life," Freilich said. "And they were stopped from doing so in that moment."

Oh my... that sounds very scary indeed. I'm glad these wise people are looking out for their subjects. How many arrests were made?

"... Berg (a Deputy Sheriff) couldn't buy shotgun shells at his local hardware store in Yuba City prior to a duck hunting trip last month"

#savetheducks.

So, if that 26% always voted, and always voted as a 2A block? Change certainly could and would be made.

I won't say it's impossible, but it might be a stretch. Maybe within the 26% they are including people that have A gun in a cabinet somewhere? And think Kate Brown is great for Oregon? Hard to include them with the membership here at NWFA. They may as well be non gun owners. They are not reachable in my estimation. What about yours? If that WERE the case, those people would make our voting numbers even less than 26%.

I guess a person can bag on gun owners all they want. I just don't see where it does anything but annoy the gun owners that take pride in being a part of the gun owning community.

Our only chance is to get people to believe the 2nd Amendment carries the same weight as the 1st, 4th and so on.

If that is true then by all means do nothing as we have lost and can never win, its over. Don't waste time writing letters, we lost and will never win, its over.
I know its painful but I refuse to hide the truth from those who get hurt.

I don't think I ever said that. Somehow I seem to think you may have said that several times?

But anyway, carry on.:rolleyes:

I won't say it's impossible, but it might be a stretch. Maybe within the 26% they are including people that have A gun in a cabinet somewhere? And think Kate Brown is great for Oregon? Hard to include them with the membership here at NWFA. They may as well be non gun owners. They are not reachable in my estimation. What about yours? If that WERE the case, those people would make our voting numbers even less than 26%.

I guess a person can bag on gun owners all they want. I just don't see where it does anything but annoy the gun owners that take pride in being a part of the gun owning community.

...and similarly there are in fact folks on "the other side" whom will not vote "the party line", however will vote for what they see as best for there life/family/business. So that takes the 74% number down as well.

If "we" as a group stop being defeatist, and vote. Each and every single time, locally, state & federally, change will occur.

That assumes 100% voter turnout and a strict delineation between gun owners and non gun owners.... neither of those things exist.

If we have a 50-60% turnout then it's across the board. If our side can get motivated and vote together we can beat the other side. 100% of 26% is 26%. Add to that non gun owning conservatives and libertarians who just happen to vote our way (albeit for different reasons) and you can get to a decent percentage.

We don't have to beat 74% of the population. We just have to beat the percentage that votes against US.

...and similarly there are in fact folks on "the other side" whom will not vote "the party line", however will vote for what they see as best for there life/family/business. So that takes the 74% number down as well.

Here's where our best chance is. Reach people that will vote to retain "Natural Rights" whether they are fire arms owners or not.

If "we" as a group stop being defeatist, and vote. Each and every single time, locally, state & federally, change will occur.

I am NOT a defeatist, I am a realist. I don't think anyone in "OUR" group is a defeatist. We tend to be some pretty smart people.

We don't have to beat 74% of the population. We just have to beat the percentage that votes against US.

We vote. Every time. So I've got two of us covered. How do you get to those that don't see the importance to vote? All I'm trying to say is that blathering on and on about us not voting is annoying.

I'm done.

Oh my... that sounds very scary indeed. I'm glad these wise people are looking out for their subjects. How many arrests were made?

I'm actually very curious about this...will have to research it.

Of the ~100 that were not allowed to buy ammo legally...how many are simply felons with non-violent past crimes who were looking to borrow a weapon to go hunting this season? (Yes, I know they are *legally* not allowed to do this. I'd also not care at all if this type of person did acquire a gun to go hunting)

My hypothesis: The majority of that hundred people, if not the full amount, were looking to acquire ammo for otherwise legal purposes (recreation, hunting). We all know that the violent felons and gang-bangers simply went over to Nevada to get a box.

Booze (bottom shelf for trading, top shelf for sipping)
Bullets
Water
Cigs (even if you don't smoke)
Beans
Salt
Honey
Unroasted Coffee Beans (Green)

Thousands of years of wars of control of spice trade routes lead me to believe that, if you're in a position to need to trade booze and cigs...you can also trade salt, honey, and coffee. Little luxuries go a long way.

It's working exactly how the LIBERALS envisioned.

Beginning in 2014, Californians who've bought a shotgun or a rifle are in the database, and handgun owners have been in the system for even longer. If a gun owner has a weapon in the database, and their government-issued identification card matches the gun registry, an ammunition buyer pays the state a $1 fee for each ammo transaction, and then he or she walks out of the store with their ammo in a couple of minutes.

Those who don't have a gun in the Department of Justice's system are required to pay the state a $19 fee and undergo a more comprehensive background check, a process that can take days, or they can go online and register a firearm in the database.

About 18 percent of purchases were rejected in the standard $1 background check process, according to the Department of Justice.

The law was never meant to curb crime. It was about Govt CONTROL. So.....call it a LIBERAL California WIN! And, look at all the NEW money added to the state coffers. And, how many new Govt jobs were created and how much the scheme costs to run. Not to mention that, "The List" grows. :eek:

Aloha, Mark

PS....Not to mention that.....the fees will go up eventually. All part of the plan.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top