JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But non-California residents can bring as much ammo as they want into the state. A California resident commits a crime by bringing a single round into the state.
If California tries to prosecute anyone under this law they will have a very difficult time.

Went dove hunting in southern AZ last week. One member showed up with no ammo. He tried to buy it at home in CA, denied. Does not have a weapon registered to him that takes the ammo.

Hello,

Thank you for posting this.

It is one of the most complete and up to date news articles that I have read on CA's MESS when it comes to their ammunition laws.

I believe that CA's MESS with their gun and ammunition laws will continue to spread like a cancer across this country.

The anti gun/anti freedom people will HIT ammunition, reloading supplies and equipment even harder as time marches on.

Take care.

Cate

While this is sad many, and I mean MANY gun owners there need to look in the mirror for the reason. There are millions of gun owners there. How many of them either directly voted for the people doing this to them, or helped elect them by not voting or throwing their vote away? When NRA TV was still on I listened to a guy from that state who was fighting this lamenting the lack of care by gun owners. He was saying if he could get 2 million people to vote as a block he could make huge changes. Sadly he could not even get anywhere near that as the new gun laws keep mounting.

And this is how you curtail gun ownership...
Make it damn near impossible to buy ammo , over regulate the firearm buying process and limit where one can shoot and carry said gun.
No need to take the guns ....Just do the above.

And as noted in Alexx1401 stated ...those gun owners who don't vote...or those that do , but do not read the fine print or understand the long term effects of who and what they vote for ...ain't helping either.
Andy

And this is how you curtail gun ownership...
Make it damn near impossible to buy ammo , over regulate the firearm buying process and limit where one can shoot and carry said gun.
No need to take the guns ....Just do the above.

And as noted in Alexx1401 stated ...those gun owners who don't vote...or those that do , but do not read the fine print or understand the long term effects of who and what they vote for ...ain't helping either.
Andy
And the best part of this all is the criminals will still have plenty of guns and ammo. So when crime only gets worse, since the same people pushing these laws hate to punish criminals, we will see them say we need more laws.

He tried to buy it at home in CA, denied. Does not have a weapon registered to him that takes the ammo.
This is a VERY important and sneaky point, thanks for making it. A gun registered for that ammo. CA is tracking what type of ammo you buy to know what guns you have. Yes, I'm wearing the tin foil hat but from talking with dealers down there they are telling me that it is true.

I mean MANY gun owners there need to look in the mirror for the reason

And while I don't disagree with this statement, there are bigger, more insidious problems. Cali is passing laws that allow for different agencies to decide how they are implemented. Sounds simple but it is very complicated. Had a friend who advised a small chain gun shop required a Real ID license to buy a gun since that's what the state says is required, from what I understand, not actually in the law (and other dealers advise it is not needed). Remember, two similar laws were passed, one by the dictators legislators and another by the people (neither were good). But the state is picking, choosing and adding as they wish. A judge spanked them for this once, but they continue to completely ignore laws when they want to.

Cali is the poster child for horrible propositions with convoluted wording and a title that screams, "It's for the children!" Let this be a warning for us. Cali is lost, we all need to be explaining to our friends, neighbors, fellow gun owners that indeed, the British are coming.

Even if this wasn't a right, imagine this being done with any other sport people enjoy. Add to that we also use them for self defense and it absolutely boggles my mind. Such blatant discrimination and hatred can be displayed towards the shooting sports and gun owners in general.

Ugliness is born out of ignorance, misunderstanding and fear leading to bigotry and hatred.

This is very ugly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads