Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Thoughts/opinions on the stainless Stoeger Luger?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jul 30, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I was looking at a stainless Stoeger Luger at my dealer today. It is a pretty cool pistol. Does anyone have any experience with one or opinions of them? I think i might pick this gun up since I do not see them all that often. It is just like the one pictured below.

2. roguebowhunter

roguebowhunter medford Member

is this the sturm ruger ??? it looks like my old one i have .. cept mine is blue .. its a pretty accurate gun andn the barrels are almost identical to the MK 1 series of guns ... only problem i've had w/ mine is it has to be kept real clean for it to cycle properly ... Don

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I had an early model German-made Luger. It was finicky and annoying. Yet when it worked, it was an absolute joy to shoot.

I have no experience with the Stoeger models, however, if its in 9mm rather than .30 Luger or something else, I think I'd consider it. The lines of the Luger are just sexy.

4. too much time

too much time Battle Ground Member

I have the Mitchell version, fine guns, investment cast vs machined, quite rare...

5. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

It is a Stoeger Luger not a Sturm Ruger....

a copy of a LUGER not a .22lr Ruger... JFYI

6. RICKGO1

RICKGO1 SPANAWAY WA Member

I had one in 22 cal.
    The sights are poor.
    The mag base was plastic,and broke if dropped.I dropped two of them.Back then they were hard to find.
    It was a lot of fun to shoot.Very reliable Feeds with no problems.

7. kj Plattner

kj Plattner Washington New Member

Had one and loved its looks. It was the worse shooting Luger I ever owned. I finally had to just tell them to give me my money back after its 4th repair job. Went out and bought a real Luger that still works at age 70.....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009