JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought an HK45 Tactical that is by far the most accurate semi auto pistol that I own.
When coupled with a Silencerco Osprey suppressor it handles well and is spooky quiet.
I've handled a Mark 23 alongside my HK45 Tactical and after comparing the overall cost of the 45 Tactical, the Osprey can, plus the $200.00 tax stamp compared to just the cost of just the Mark 23, I'm glad I bought what I did.

View attachment 1036899
How's the grip size for small mitts?

I have average hands and it fits great. The Mark 23 was way to big.
I found the set of 45 Tactical grip panels helped me configure it to my liking.
I was initially going to buy a USP model, as it's a 12 rd mag compared to the Tactical 10 rd, but the Tactical just felt right, plus, it came with the double action trigger group which I prefer and the only downside I have found is the left handed barrel threads.
You have to think about it a bit when mounting a suppressor, compared to my other pistols with right handed threads.
What really sold me on it was shooting the same configuration pistol at the Albany Machine Gun shoot.
They stop the regular machine guns from blasting away for a few minutes, just to let the suppressed guns have a go at the targets.
I paid for a couple of magazines and was directed to shoot at some Tannerite loaded targets placed 75 yds away.
I was able to walk the rounds up the 4x4 wood post until I nailed the Tannerite and it's really something to see and hear the blast when using such a quiet suppressed pistol while sighting down the barrel with no hearing protection.

I have average hands and it fits great. The Mark 23 was way to big.
I found the set of 45 Tactical grip panels helped me configure it to my liking.
I was initially going to buy a USP model, as it's a 12 rd mag compared to the Tactical 10 rd, but the Tactical just felt right, plus, it came with the double action trigger group which I prefer and the only downside I have found is the left handed barrel threads.
You have to think about it a bit when mounting a suppressor, compared to my other pistols with right handed threads.
What really sold me on it was shooting the same configuration pistol at the Albany Machine Gun shoot.
They stop the regular machine guns from blasting away for a few minutes, just to let the suppressed guns have a go at the targets.
I paid for a couple of magazines and was directed to shoot at some Tannerite loaded targets placed 75 yds away.
I was able to walk the rounds up the 4x4 wood post until I nailed the Tannerite and it's really something to see and hear the blast when using such a quiet suppressed pistol while sighting down the barrel with no hearing protection.
I'm trying to decide on the HK45 or replacing the last Colt part in my Colt 1911 with Wilson Combat

Last Edited:
Another vote for the MK23.

Its a big pistol for sure but very accurate. The accuracy is as good or better than my Sigs, P-35's and 1911's. Its extremely easy to shoot accurately. I've shot it with more than one member on this board and they were able to put several rounds through the same hole at 7-10 yards in the first couple of magazines.

I have average sized hands. I have tried to like the Glock 21 but it is just too damned big. The MK23 fits my hands better and is very well balanced.

Shooting suppressed is great. There is zero blow back with the MK23, or at least with mine. I can't say the same for other hosts. The stock sights are also high enough to see while shooting suppressed. This will be one less thing to worry about if you get one and want to buy a suppressor.

If you are looking for something to carry I'd pass. If you are looking for something to keep on your nightstand or a toy this is highly recommended.

If you are looking to buy one I'd suggest scouring gunbroker for a few months. You will get lucky at some point. I bought mine for a little under $1900 shipped.

Magazines are not terribly priced for a HK firearm. I have found them easily obtained for under $60 per mag. I have also seen them for over $80 but I doubt many bought them at that price.

I am really wanting one and am thinking about pulling the trigger and getting one. Anyone who has one how long does it take to get a suppressor for it and about how much they go for.

I went the lower priced route and picked up a used Glock-21sf had the slide milled for a Holosun sight and bought a threaded barrel all ready had the Hybrid suppressor and light, with taran tacical +4 bases it holds 18 rds and shoots very nice.

XOsgYwd.jpg

I am really wanting one and am thinking about pulling the trigger and getting one. Anyone who has one how long does it take to get a suppressor for it and about how much they go for.
You will have to research what suppressor you want. Once you figure that out ask your local shops if they have one or if they can order one. Prices will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

As far as how long it take I believe the wait is between 9-12 months.

The Mk 23 is wayyy cool and dig it but for the coin I just went with the USP 45 . I had no need for the threaded barrel because I already have suppressor hosts but wanted something a little different kind of Desert Eagle cool ! hk-usp-elite-pistole-45-acp-bruniert-582-205081.jpg

I really wanted one a couple years for a supressor host, but after a decent amount of research, l went with a USP 45 tactical. It has at least 90% of the capability as the Mark 23 but was more readily available and half the price. The Mark 23 is still way more imteresting though.

You have big hands?
Let me explain.
I spent many months on the issue of buying a HK 23. Had the cash, was swayed by the marketing of the gun, but every time I went and fondled it, I was surprised at its size and balance. The gun is a beast. If you like a Desert Eagle 50AE but don't like the recoil, then the Mark 23 is for you.
Let me qualify this - I never shot a Mark 23. With the weight and size of the slide on it, I'd bet the recoil would be minimal compared to a USP Tactical.

On size, my hands are size 9. It seems to be made for gloved hands where larger grip area means steadier hold. Have a buddy whose hands are 13, but then again, everything about his is big (except he has no fat). The HK Mark 23 is an ideal fit for him. For me, kind of on the "too big" side.
After a great deal of deliberation, bought the USP Tactical at $1,400 less. Excellent gun, hated the target sights.
IMO, the modular backstraps on the HK45 make it much more comfortable.
Never shot the HK45 but this is otherwise my exact experience as well. The Mk23 is freaking huge. You'd be better off with a USP if you are set on an overpriced German gun 😁

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top