JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
REGARDING: Winchester 244 Powder

Today, 9/20/22, I just posted a link in the "great deals" section to Powdervalley which has Winchester 244 IN STOCK AND ON SALE.

This post is just a discussion about the powder itself and my experience with it, for those who are curious about the powder but haven't tried it.

Win 244 is a relatively new powder, introduced in January of 2018. It's VERY SIMILAR to TiteGroup in powder composition, size, metering, and grains per load data. It's also very versatile like TiteGroup and can be used across a variety of handgun loads and calibers

I've been experimenting with Win 244 this past year. I'm just a handgun plinker reloader, so I don't chrono, my loads. Just looking for available powder at a reasonable price to load the 8 different calibers I shoot, so I can shoot a lot. Win 244 had been GREAT and it has been AVAILABLE and REASONABLY PRICED. I've used in 32 ACP, 380 ACP, 38 spl, 357 mag, 9mm, 40 S&W, 10mm, & 45 ACP. Works great for plinking.

I think, because it's relatively new and unknown, people don't scarf it up like they do TiteGroup when it becomes available. It really is working out great for me.

Here's an article with more detailed information.

https://www.handloadermagazine.com/propellant-profiles-9

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.

WIN244.jpeg

Last Edited:
Welll...244 has been around many years before 2018 to commercial loaders, it's considered an OEM powder.

It's great for 9mm and a few other calibers.

I've got factory load data if anyone is interested.

Welll...244 has been around many years before 2018 to commercial loaders, it's considered an OEM powder.

It's great for 9mm and a few other calibers.

I've got factory load data if anyone is interested.
I'd appreciate receiving the factory load data for Win 244. Let me know if you need an email address to send it to. Thanks.

REGARDING: Winchester 244 Powder

Today, 9/20/22, I just posted a link in the "great deals" section to Powdervalley which has Winchester 244 IN STOCK AND ON SALE.

This post is just a discussion about the powder itself and my experience with it, for those who are curious about the powder but haven't tried it.

Win 244 is a relatively new powder, introduced in January of 2018. It's VERY SIMILAR to TiteGroup in powder composition, size, metering, and grains per load data. It's also very versatile like TiteGroup and can be used across a variety of handgun loads and calibers

I've been experimenting with Win 244 this past year. I'm just a handgun plinker reloader, so I don't chrono, my loads. Just looking for available powder at a reasonable price to load the 8 different calibers I shoot, so I can shoot a lot. Win 244 had been GREAT and it has been AVAILABLE and REASONABLY PRICED. I've used in 32 ACP, 380 ACP, 38 spl, 357 mag, 9mm, 40 S&W, 10mm, & 45 ACP. Works great for plinking.

I think, because it's relatively new and unknown, people don't scarf it up like they do TiteGroup when it becomes available. It really is working out great for me.

Here's an article with more detailed information.

https://www.handloadermagazine.com/propellant-profiles-9

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.

View attachment 1279251
For 9mm, the loading charts show that it is capable of delivering a little more velocity than 231. However, it is also more dense and so 231 is a little better in terms of case fill. I have also had better luck making accurate loads with 231 than with 244. After much experimenting I abandoned 244, and favor 231 for loading 115gr at 1200 fps and below. If loading 380 ACP for any kind of self-defense use, the power advantage of 244 would be welcome.

I like 244. I also like Tite Group, and have used 231 for years. But 244 still retains its (more or less) spherical shape, whereas 231 and Tite Group are flattened. So 244 seems to meter just a little better for me, and doesn't attract static electricity like the flattened ball powders. Which like to cling to the inside of the powder measure. I'm not a precision shooter, so at typical pistol ranges I don't notice any substantive difference in accuracy between any of these. I appreciate the low charge weights of all three.

Alas, my bottle of 244 has about two tablespoons remaining. Yet I have a full bottle each of Tite Group and 231, so those are my involuntary choices for the foreseeable future.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top