JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a Vedder IWB for my Kahr. I ordered it in brown, which looks really nice. Great holster. I use it periodically but I keep going back to my Versacarry.

Im trying to decide whether to go with light tuck or rapid tuck. Light tuck looks nice because its so low profile and looks pretty comfortable. But I also like the way Rapid Tuck looks because it seems like a little more holster will stay in place better because of the added surface area of material to body. Have you found that light tuck moves around on you at all?

This will be my first time carrying also so i kinda don't really know what i want. I think I may settle with rapid tuck. Did you go with the horsehide leather by any chance?
Well truth be told, in about a year or two you will have a large drawer or box somewhere in the garage full of holsters of all shapes and sizes. You can sell them on ebay but you won't want to, just in case you decide you need one for a certain occasion. The Vedder was the last holster that I spent serious money on. I'm glad that I bought it but the fancy kydex stuff just doesn't suit me lately. I have become a fan boy of the Versacarry. I know that I beat that horse to death around here but it's my daily carry holster. I do also like the Fobus paddle holsters (for OWB carry).

Really like my Vedder kydex LightTuck IWB... Forget its there.. I do have a nice sturdy 1.5" leather belt..

Had one for my Shield, and now for my CZ P-01... even tho the CZ is bigger firearm . still extremely comfortable IWB.

I also ordered the LightDraw OWB in case the IWB didnt work out .. but dont need it ... quality is excellent, and customer service commendable..

Recommended..

Vedder holsters are the only kydex ones I'll buy now. Lots of people make decent holsters. Some have adjustable cant or adjustable retention or adjustable height. Some even have 2 of those 3 but Vedder is the only holster I know of that has all 3 and has what I think is the best belt clip. Strong sturdy steel clip that is secure on your belt. Most other holster makers have crappy plastic clips. Vedder is the only way to go for kydex as far as I'm concerned.

Vedder holsters are the only kydex ones I'll buy now. Lots of people make decent holsters. Some have adjustable cant or adjustable retention or adjustable height. Some even have 2 of those 3 but Vedder is the only holster I know of that has all 3 and has what I think is the best belt clip. Strong sturdy steel clip that is secure on your belt. Most other holster makers have crappy plastic clips. Vedder is the only way to go for kydex as far as I'm concerned.
Mine arrives today, can't wait!

I've order one from BraDeC Holsters which pretty much seemed similar to Vedder's holster.

Not even close to a Vedder holster. Those are pretty basic. Dont get me wrong they will certainly work but those are pretty bare bones holsters. Adjustable cant is all those have. They should at least add adjustable retention. Vedder has adjustable cant, retention, heigh, are tuckable, and the clip is way better than those plastic clips. Those holsters arent even close to Vedder's. They are however about the same as concealment express holsters but cheaper and would be a good alternative for someone on a super tight budget. But honestly even if your on a tight budget it's worth it to save some pennies and just get a Vedder. Its adjustable everywhere it can be to make it as comfortable of a carry as possible. And if your not comfortable carrying your less likely to do so.

Not even close to a Vedder holster. Those are pretty basic. Dont get me wrong they will certainly work but those are pretty bare bones holsters. Adjustable cant is all those have. They should at least add adjustable retention. Vedder has adjustable cant, retention, heigh, are tuckable, and the clip is way better than those plastic clips. Those holsters arent even close to Vedder's. They are however about the same as concealment express holsters but cheaper and would be a good alternative for someone on a super tight budget. But honestly even if your on a tight budget it's worth it to save some pennies and just get a Vedder. Its adjustable everywhere it can be to make it as comfortable of a carry as possible. And if your not comfortable carrying your less likely to do so.

With the caveat that the Rapidtucks (not sure about thier other hybrids) don't have adjustable retention aside from heating the kydex up and forming it to the gun's trigger guard a little better. This might be obvious to some folks but wasn't to me, someone new to ccw and buying thier first holster.

Also, i'lI add that I actually sent back my Vedder Rapidtuck this Monday. I only found 4:30 to be somewhat comfortable with that holster. I contemplated exchanging it for a Lighttuck but then did some research on appendix and decided to ask for a refund and order a Tier One Axis Slim. I think appendix is the only positon I will feel comfortable carrying in, everything else just felt too uncomfortable, too risky for me as someone new to ccw and too awkward to draw from.

Quality wise + price point and customer service wise, Vedder is great and i respect them and thier great reputation is well deserved. I wanted to like mine it just wasn't for me.

I was looking specifically at the P365 holster which seemed very minimal for both companies .

The Vedder LightTuck is good to go. Fast shipping, great fit and finish, made in the USA. I also recommend adding the claw for an extra $5 if you are going to carry appendix. As far as belts go, swing by Langlitz Leathers in Portland; family run and been in business since 1947.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top