JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So very true...
This along with being questioned and second guessed by law enforcement...has made me very cynical with the phrase :
Better to be judged by 12 , than carried by 6...

Note that I will defend myself...but having gone thru this "judging" , so to speak....has made me leery of my peers , for sure.
Andy
Come on now. At least if you're alive you can fight for yourself in court I will still find that preferable to being dead.
Being dead really limits your options..
My point is and was: Do whatever it takes to win or at least survive the situation.

Come on now. At least if you're alive you can fight for yourself in court I will still find that preferable to being dead.
My point is and was: Do whatever it takes to win or at least survive the situation.
Read my posts...no where did I say not to defend yourself...In fact I did..which is why I feel the way that I do.

My main point is:
Understand that those 12 who judge , may not think like you do , nor understand your experience.

Not to defend yourself , was never anything that I posted.
Andy

Read my posts...no where did I say not to defend yourself...In fact I did..which is why I feel the way that I do.

My main point is:
Understand that those 12 who judge , may not think like you do , nor understand your experience.

Not to defend yourself , was never anything that I posted.
Andy
Got it now.

Sadly true. Every time I have gone it was amazing. A LOT of those there were sure not people I would want to have my fate in their hands :(
That said, I don't know which would be a bigger nightmare: twelve mouth-breathing morons or twelve Temperance Brennans, each totally convinced they know absolutely everything about absolutely everything just because in their normal lives each is typically the smartest person on whatever block they happen to be in at the moment...

No doubt in my mind Andy would do just that. What he is telling those reading this is be careful after. Almost ever time you read of a "self defense shoot" that gets sticky and costly, the shooters mouth dug the hole for them. An amazing number of people can't seem to shut up after a shoot. Wait for a lawyer to start talking.

i am under the impression that if you use a NFA item and end up being found guilty of a crime you can get sentenced no more than 10 years because of the use of an NFA item on top of what your other charges may be.

Why would a legal firearm that's used in a legal manner be subject to confiscation?

Exactly my thought. Our NFA arms are properly registered and stored. I wouldn't have an issue with using them in a defensive role. I'm also aware of at least two self-defense cases in which the private citizen used a legally registered machine-gun to stop the badguys and they prevailed. There are almost certainly more cases out there.

Remember, your typical jury is the twelve dumbest morons called who couldn't find a way out of it...

Perhaps, but some jurors take it very seriously. I served on a jury for three days not all that long ago. While I didn't like being away from my family and work for that time, I was glad to be part of our system that ensures a speedy, fair trial. Not everywhere is like that; I have family in a country that, during my lifetime, the state would place people in front of firing squads, without a trial, for no other reason that the government didn't like them. Our system of justice is hardly perfect, but it is way better than elsewhere. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top