JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello..... I have a set of Trijicon night sights on my G27. The other day I discovered that my rear right sight was not glowing. I am bummed out :( lol I can take my flashlight and shine the light on it and the side that is out will glow for a second or two and it is out again :huh:
I e-mailed Trijicon and it's been a few days and I have not heard back from them. The sights were bought a few years ago and they have normal wear and tear. The sights were made in 2008 and I still have the package that they cam in. In the box there were a few pieces of paper and one said that Trijicon will service the metal sights but not the gas tubes (the part that glows). I am interested in probably getting a rear sight, and I have been looking on eBay and Amazon but I can't find just the rear sight. I might call Trijicon tomorrow and see if they can service the bad sight or maybe sell me just a rear sight. If anyone has a rear sight in good shape (good to decent glow) I would be interested in buying it from you..... as long as it fits my Glock 27 :s0131: Thanks fellers.

Have any of you had this problem? I have talked to some people that have abused their Trijicon night sights but nothing ever happend.... "they took a beating and kept on glowing" I was told. Anyways any ideas as to what might have happend? Only thing that makes since to me right now is that somehow the cylinder or gas tube got cracked and the gas leaked out.... and that kinda makes me go HUMMMMMMM! because that gas is radio active from what I have heard. :eek:

You will wake up next morning to find you have MUTANT POWERS. Henceforth you shall be known as...

THE AMAZING GLOW-IN-THE-DARK MAN!

On a more serious note, try calling Trijicon, maybe they just get tons of email and it takes awhile to answer. Calling always gets a faster response.

Trijicon does get a lot of emails. It is not unusual for them to take a week or longer to respond to an emailed question. Definitely call them and let them know what the issue is. Unless you did something harsh to them, the warranty should cover sights made in 2008.

Well I called Trijicon and they told me to go online and get a service number and send the sight in..... yay lol. They also told me it will take 3 to 6 weeks for them to service it. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and I won't have to buy another set. Keep your fingers crossed boys and girls :cool:

Worst case you will have to pay to have the lamp(s) replaced. According to their website they will replace the tritium lamps in any of their sights for 'a small fee'. I think I recall somebody on another board saying it was $30 or so to replace their three lamps when they got old and lost most of their glow. They also sent the whole slide so the sights didn't have to be removed and re-installed.

Worst case you will have to pay to have the lamp(s) replaced. According to their website they will replace the tritium lamps in any of their sights for 'a small fee'. I think I recall somebody on another board saying it was $30 or so to replace their three lamps when they got old and lost most of their glow. They also sent the whole slide so the sights didn't have to be removed and re-installed.

Can you get the tritium replaced in non-iron-sight optics like an acog?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top