JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The price is right. I've heard of a few guys having decent luck with that company but no personal experience. For the price try it out and let us know! :)

Haven't used them or even heard of them before, but I'd have to agree with Brutus. I'd want to know a bit more about construction, materials and testing before going into something that tries to control an explosion about 12 inches in front of my face.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to pass on this but, mostly was curious as it seemed to be a good price. You know the ole saying, if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is!

It's cheap enough to be a throw away upper for like a truck gun or something.

Personally I prefer 416R polygonal rifled barrels (which is why I am a fan of BHW barrels)

So if I were to buy a complete 5.56 upper I would probably get one from SAA that has a BHW barrel.

I keep waiting for them to have another 6.5 Grendel upper in stock but they never do.

Would also love to find an AR308 upper with an aero precision upper, 12"+ keymod with top rail, and 18" bhw threaded bull barrel or semi-bull + NiB BCG and charging handle.

Be nice if somebody made one of those uppers complete, but NOBODY does. :(

Good Luck with getting anything in a timely manner from Delta Team Tactical. They are notorious for SSSSLLLLLLOOOOWWWW shipping and poor customer service. There is a thread somewhere on here about people being lied to about stuff on the way, poor service and product.

their products arent bad, just inexpensive. not top quality but it'll do ya.

don't expect great communication from delta team tactical as far as when your order has shipped. everytime ive ordered from them, i never get any sort of tracking.

my stuff shows up when it shows up. lol.

YMMV

just my .02

My thought is why risk it to save $60-$80. Check out these Aero Precision full uppers. It my not have the rail system you are looking for for the price but they are well mad with very good internals. I have used a few in a couple different applications and like what Aero Precision offers. But if it a budget build by all means get the cheapest one you can find and hope for the best.

Complete Upper Receivers | Aero Precision

It's cheap enough to be a throw away upper for like a truck gun or something.

Personally I prefer 416R polygonal rifled barrels (which is why I am a fan of BHW barrels)

So if I were to buy a complete 5.56 upper I would probably get one from SAA that has a BHW barrel.

I keep waiting for them to have another 6.5 Grendel upper in stock but they never do.

Would also love to find an AR308 upper with an aero precision upper, 12"+ keymod with top rail, and 18" bhw threaded bull barrel or semi-bull + NiB BCG and charging handle.

Be nice if somebody made one of those uppers complete, but NOBODY does. :(
Do you think this SAA barrel is made by BHW: SAA 16" 5.56 NATO M4 1:8 Match 416R Stainless Steel Black Oxide AR-15 Barrel

Davidson defense, Omega manufacturing, and Delta Team tactical are all owned by one outfit near as I can tell at face value they seem to have some great deals. Some of their stuff is cheap crap but some is actually pretty decent. Comms with them are hit and miss and shipping can be slow but I have always got my orders and have not had any problems with the stuff I ordered. They have a great 7.62x39 ar barrel for $80. It is an ER Shaw blank with chamber cut to ak specifications and rifling is hand lapped. I have built three uppers with this barrel and they all eat any ammo you throw at them and have outstanding accuracy.

If you want a cheap functional complete upper. I've had very good personal experience with BCA (Bear Creek Arsenal) on two separate uppers now.

It looks like one of theirs, but now they are going by their parent company name 'Columbia river arms.' I'd venture to guess that they've got an OEM deal with Columbia river arms to put their name on bulk produced Columbia river arms barrels. They've been a high volume dealer for them long enough it wouldn't surprise me. Many companies do this that don't have manufacturing capability themselves and manufacturers allow it to move more bulk product they can easily mass produce on CNC machines. SAA has been putting their name on a lot of things like uppers, lowers, charging handles yet none of it is actually cast/forged/made by SAA. They do final assembly of uppers, but any end user can do that with some tools, a vice, and a quick youtube video tutorial.

It looks like one of theirs, but now they are going by their parent company name 'Columbia river arms.' I'd venture to guess that they've got an OEM deal with Columbia river arms to put their name on bulk produced Columbia river arms barrels. They've been a high volume dealer for them long enough it wouldn't surprise me. Many companies do this that don't have manufacturing capability themselves and manufacturers allow it to move more bulk product they can easily mass produce on CNC machines. SAA has been putting their name on a lot of things like uppers, lowers, charging handles yet none of it is actually cast/forged/made by SAA. They do final assembly of uppers, but any end user can do that with some tools, a vice, and a quick youtube video tutorial.
Thanks, it would seem unlikely that SAA would have found another supplier of polygonal barrels given that they have a relationship with CRA.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top