JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for essentially a single-stack highly concealable Glock (I know this doesn't exist). From what I've been able to learn the Shield has a trigger that feels closer to the Glock as opposed to the very revolver like double action triggers that most of these thin and tiny pistols have ie: Kahr CW9 or Ruger LC9.
Is this the case?
Can anyone suggest a better option? Like one without a manual safety?

I'm not new to guns but these tiny options that we have these days aren't easy for my large hands to shoot.

I carried a glock 27 for a few months and found that I loved having the double stack in a small package, but hated having to try and hide it. I tried lots of different holsters but none concealed it the way I wanted. before the glock I carried a Kahr cm9 and loved how thin it was but hated the trigger. I got a 9mm Sheild a few months ago and been loving it ever since, thin like the cm9 but has a good trigger like the glock. A little polishing makes it a great trigger. Half the time I don't even feel like I have it on.

I have a CW9 and LC9 both have long trigger pulls and break to far back for my liking. I agree that the CW9 is very smooth and preferable to the LC9 at least in my hands.
I haven't had a chance to shoot a XD-S but I'm not a big fan of the full size XD. I suppose that I should give Springfield a shot (pun intended).
From what I've seen the XD-S goes for about $100 more than the shield. Price won't be a deciding factor but it's still a factor.

I carried a glock 27 for a few months and found that I loved having the double stack in a small package, but hated having to try and hide it. I tried lots of different holsters but none concealed it the way I wanted. before the glock I carried a Kahr cm9 and loved how thin it was but hated the trigger. I got a 9mm Sheild a few months ago and been loving it ever since, thin like the cm9 but has a good trigger like the glock. A little polishing makes it a great trigger. Half the time I don't even feel like I have it on.

That is what I was hoping to hear. I carry Glocks but want something thinner to introduce my wife to CCW. She shoots the Glocks very well but its too bulky so I got the LC9 but we both dislike the trigger. I'm hoping that a shield will be the compromise that she can carry and I will enjoy shooting.

I have only held a shield so I can't say how it shoots but it does feel very good in my hand. Also, have you thought of a Sig p938? I have a 238 and it has a very good trigger if you don't mind it being single action.

I hated the lc9 I had, the trigger sucked!! I couldn't get rid of the thing fast enough. The kahr had a butter smooth trigger but I didn't like the no short reset. The trigger has to come all the way back out and was making me pull my shots. The shield is the best of both worlds, especially after Apex releases their duty trigger, which should be out soon. I have their FSS trigger kit on my competition MP40 and love it. Would also love to see someone come out with a 10-12rd ext mag to carry as my spare for the shield too. That was one of the great thing about the Glocks, I carried the stock 27mag with finger ext in the gun but carried a 15rd G22 mag as a spare

I have only held a shield so I can't say how it shoots but it does feel very good in my hand. Also, have you thought of a Sig p938? I have a 238 and it has a very good trigger if you don't mind it being single action.

While I love Sigs in the larger size guns the downside of having a hammer cocked and locked is magnified on a tiny gun that may be carried in a purse. Besides, Sigs are far to pretty to be carried concealed.

I have been a kahr and glock guy for a long time as far as pistols. I usually carry a g19 or a kahr k9.

I have picked up a shield in 9mm at the gun show yesterday, and I went shooting this morning. I am very impressed by it. Shoots like a larger gun, trigger is much better than full size m&ps, the gun allows full thumbs forward grip, and it is very accurate. Recoil is also very manageable. It is a lot of gun for the money....

I have owned an xds in 45 and I thought recoil was really affecting my ability to shoot fast follow ups. Also the slide release on the xds (and the full size xd as well) is in the way if you try to grip them similarly to how you would grip a Glock so I do not wish to try a 9mm version of the same gun.

50 rounds through my new shield ain't much, but so far I am extremely happy.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

400 dollars for the shield is the best buy I have ever had on a gun I love. I have close to 800 rounds through mine and it has never had a issue of any kind. It has been my every day carry since 200 rounds without failure. Trigger is much like all Glocks I own but feels a little better than full size M&P triggers. For the price you cannot beat it in my experience with it. They have it for 399 at Frontline Arms in Beaverton.

I, too, have a Glock G27. Sometimes I rock a 357 SIG barrel on it. Sometimes I don't. Glocks feel like small bricks. On my frame, it's very obvious as to what's tucked under my clothes. I've since replaced it with a different pistol I've recently purchased.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top