JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been considering a .45 and really like the looks and feel of the Kimbers. A local shop has a stainless Pro Carry II, no night sights, for $850. Seems like a decent deal, any thoughts on the gun itself, and the price$

Thanks in advance for any input.

www1911 Forum.com All you could ever want to know or just ask, your questions will be answered by a group of great people. There is a dedicated Kimber sub forum too. :) I am 69Charger over there. :)
Dave

I'll answer your question.
The Pro Carry II is a superior example of a "Commander length" 1911. I have two, 1 in blue and 1 in stainless. They perform as great as they look. Accurate, reliable, feel great in the hand, you won't be disappointed. I have owned a couple dozen 1911s and the Kimbers have never disappointed. Almost boring in their ability to feed and fire every type of ammo I've tried in them.
$850 is a fairly common price and FWIW, I paid $850 for an Ultra Carry II in stainless last August at Fisherman's Marine in Oregon City.
R.D.

Eitheir you will love it or hate it. I have a friend and if his wife sell is kimber then she just signed herself A divorce paper. As for me I tried so many time to fall in love with Kimber but I just cant do it.... Include couple of Kimber I bought/traded in this forum. You have to try it out for yourself.

I think stating superior may be a stretch.. Again alot here will depend on your budget and needs/wants.

I do not think it is a stretch. And not to take away from the OP's question, but if you state something like this back it up with your reasons, don't say something like "i tried so many times to fall in love with Kimber but I just can't do it" What does that tell the OP?
There are Kimber haters out there that post things similar, usually because they have never owned one and realize they probably never will.
Those who have actually owned and used one will probably support my opinion.
The OP posted honest questions.
I gave him honest answers with reasons for my thoughts.
Why answer a question with a question? If the question was "I want advise on how to select a 1911, what should I ask?" I could understand.

Well if you're going to attempt a call out, realize you're trying with two people... That said Kimber has a spotty track record on their QC and customer service to match. Yes they do put out some good guns. Search info from the major smiths, Kimber used to be left off the list by a few of the bigguns (though I see one recently added them looks like).

Well if you're going to attempt a call out, realize you're trying with two people... That said Kimber has a spotty track record on their QC and customer service to match. Yes they do put out some good guns. Search info from the major smiths, Kimber used to be left off the list by a few of the bigguns (though I see one recently added them looks like).

Again, tell the OP why they are no good. This is not a call out, just asking for validation. You have offered nothing more than regurgitated inter-net barf. I own 4 Kimber 1911s right now, and have owned 9 others over the last 11 years. That qualifies me to comment. The other poster, benny503, admitted it was his freind's experience, clarify yours, please.
The point of replying should be to help the OP. I did, now let's see what you have other than generalizations. Recently the Tacoma, WA police dept. adopted the Pro Carry II as their official duty weapon as did the Los Angeles SWAT Dept, just for the record.

benny503, admitted it was his freind's experience, clarify yours, please.

Because I love GLOCKs more :s0148:

I owned couple Kimbers, one of them had the front sight loose and I called up Kimbers for warrantee... they want me to pay for shipping and the part... free labor :s0112: This is a gun I bought at GI Joe for $760when it closed out so I dont know who to bring back, I make mistake by calling the dang Kimber customer support normally I bring it back to where I buy it from to let them deal with all the hasle.... I am still bitter about this incident.

The second one I owned is the one I traded with one of the member here. During sometime I tried to did a lot of trading with peeps here in Grants Pass and it is either me or people I dealed with tried to take the gun apart to inspected they put the guide spring in the incorrect position and when they rack the slide the end of the spring leave groves on the guide rod.... come on Kimber suppose to be built quality gun and the end of the guide spring cause major damage to the guide rod???? Make no sense... Oh well I am back to glock... you put the guide spring in the wrong way the gun wont get damage :s0129:

I own a Kimber Pro Carry II ..... it is my second one (A friend convinced me to sell him my first one)..... :( I love they way it shoots and feels. No FTE's or FTF's ever! It's as good a pistol as my Colt 70 Series Combat Commander and better than my Colt Officers Model. Just a fine little pistol!

A Kimber pro Carry II was the first 1911 of any quality I ever bought myself. It was a very nice firearm but I sold it off. Not because of any issues. I just decided I did no like aluminum frames.

For that level of money I would probably chose a Colt for myself.

Again, tell the OP why they are no good. This is not a call out, just asking for validation. You have offered nothing more than regurgitated inter-net barf. I own 4 Kimber 1911s right now, and have owned 9 others over the last 11 years. That qualifies me to comment. The other poster, benny503, admitted it was his freind's experience, clarify yours, please.
The point of replying should be to help the OP. I did, now let's see what you have other than generalizations. Recently the Tacoma, WA police dept. adopted the Pro Carry II as their official duty weapon as did the Los Angeles SWAT Dept, just for the record.

Actually the la swat team adopted the custom II which I have. :) as far as 1911's go, it is the most accurate, and tight fitting gun that I have Purchased out of the box. Don't think you can go wrong with a kimber!

I daily carry my Kimber Pro CDP II, which is a custom Pro Carry. Just shot it today in fact, well over 1000 rounds total. To say I daily carry this gun and trust my life with it should be the highest compliment I could give a gun. :s0155:

With that said, I also own glocks :s0112:

I daily carry my Kimber Pro CDP II, which is a custom Pro Carry. Just shot it today in fact, well over 1000 rounds total. To say I daily carry this gun and trust my life with it should be the highest compliment I could give a gun. :s0155:

With that said, I also own glocks :s0112:

Well you sir, must be a very smart man! While I prefer a 1911 to a glock any day of the week, if there was one gun that I were to pick up and know that it would go bang every time, hands down I would take the Glock!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top