JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love the 938. The ergonomics are very good. It needed a trigger job as it was gritty out of the box. It is very comfortable, light, and exceptionally easy to conceal in an N82 IWB holster.

Last Edited:
I'm fortunate enough to own a shield, glock 26, lcp, lcr, xds 45, kimber cdp ii, 938, and 238 as carry pistols. I really liked the xds and carried it the most until the recall. Lately I've been carrying my glock 19 for some reason. I purchased my 938 extreme right when they came out and was a beta tester. I have about 200 rounds down the pipe of mixed ammo. (115, 124, 147fmj and hp) I've had about 3 FTE"s but nothing major that makes me think twice about the gun. The only complaint I have is that the finish of the slide and barrel show exceptional wear for barely carrying and using the pistol. I wish it would hold up better, but besides that I consider it a "good" carry piece.

LMT10mm - Think I could convince you of a range day sometime? haha I'd love a chance to shoot some of your collection :)

aznbala - I carry my G26 daily in a N82 Pro. I love the holster! But with something G26 size/weight I can promise you that gym shorts wont hold it up. In fact, I would be willing to wager that gym shorts would only support a LCP or of the like. Plus, if you run the pro you need the belt. If you don't twist enough, you'll pull the entire holster up without a belt keeping it in place. With a good gun belt you don't have twist much at all to release the gun. But I'd tired in gym shorts and have about a 50/50 shot of pulling the whole holster with the gun. Not to mention first step I take I'd be mooning everyone.

I would concur. The n82 will attach and retain just fine. If you are just walking around, the basketball shorts might be ok, but without a belt or tightly tied waist tie the whole system will sag.

Absolutely love my 938. Have had it for a couple of years now and is the most comfortable cc firearm I have owned and it took me many, many years to find just the right fit for me. If you keep the gun steady on target it will bullseye everytime. I have kicked cans down the road with it!

Bumpy

I've had my P938 for about a week now and have only shot 50 rounds through it but so far so good.

My only issue with it is the recoil spring and guide rod-very hard to get it back into the slide without bending the spring-much harder than with the P238 I used to own.

It's a good looking pistol though and it came with both the extended and regular mag-which is nice on the part of Sig Arms.

P938_zps27ff982e.jpg

That is a pretty piece. That's the thing of the 938, it's a good looking little gun! I'm still just leery of the reliability for an EDC. It's a lot of coin to drop!

It seems a lot of pocket 9mm's have reliability issues. So far I've seen the best overall results with Kahr PM/CM9 after the break-in period, but that trigger... Plus I'd want to opt for the PM9 to get the steel slide rails, but at $700+ the build quality on the PM9 leaves a lot to be desired, especially compared to the 938.

I'm considering a Glock 42 now too. I know .380 blah blah, but at SD range a gun is a gun and a hole in the bad guy is a hole none-the-less.

Well you asked so.

To answer your question I will have to tell a short tale. I love the 1911 and pistols with the "same controls"

I try to challenge myself and my mind set through training, research and discussion; thus the reason I read these forums. A few years ago I started reading books by a trainer and realized I had not taken my training to the level I 'thought I had'. Gabe Suarez was writing at the time about close range gun fights and getting off the "X". We all know that this concept makes sense, but most of us never 'flex' our skills to try and achieve the next level.

So I ponied up the time and funds to go to one of Gabe's classes and learned a bunch of stuff I thought I already understood. The short lesson (to make this readable) is. Anyone can miss a thumb safety under 'extreme stress'. I had/have carried 1911's for a long time and never thought I could miss a safety. Well the short is I did, the first time I thought it was a fluke but then I did it again. Shifted to the Glock and things went much better, no safety to miss.

Granted this was under stress of force on force encounter and with an airsoft, not my carry gun. But the airsoft was nearly the same and I realized it was possible to miss. The stress of a timer on a range with no danger is one thing but when a monster with a knife or impact weapon is charging at you, that changes things.

The tiny controls on the 938 would be easy to miss. I think Sig (if that is the line you want) makes better options the 232 and 239 come to mind.

Probably should have made this a separate post, sorry for the long windedness.

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd bring a current perspective to it.

My wife just bought a Sig P938 SAS that was manufactured October of 2015. She has only ever shot revolvers but really likes this firearm. So far she only has about 100 rounds of 115 grain Blazer Brass through it, without any problems. But she will have more time in January. I shot it some and really like it as well. The trigger is not all that bad out of the box IMHO. I think time will tell if it smooths out some, but she is willing to wait and see as it's no big deal to her as it is currently.

Now it does seem that people were unfortunately "beta testers" early on. Those serial numbers from what I have found started with 52A and it was recommended that you stay with ones manufactured after October 2012 (don't quote me), my wife's 2015 model starts with 52B. Hopefully the bugs have been worked out with the newer ones.

Best of luck,
Mike

Just following up with my own experience to flesh out this old thread a little.

My Wife's gun actually, was the semi special version with the rainbow slide, but not the rainbow version, born Thanksgiving 2014, no problems with Hornady defense or with regular ball, trigger is *really* good, and i'll say that's where the larger cost comes from.

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd bring a current perspective to it.

Now it does seem that people were unfortunately "beta testers" early on. Those serial numbers from what I have found started with 52A and it was recommended that you stay with ones manufactured after October 2012 (don't quote me), my wife's 2015 model starts with 52B. Hopefully the bugs have been worked out with the newer ones.

First I've heard of this. Where can I learn more about the 52A models, problems, and remedies?

My go to gun for concealed carry, absolutely love it! It took me a long time to find a firearm I was really comfortable with and trusted my life with. "Sweet Pea" is that gun!

For a decade I carried a 1911; R-Kidney carry
Then, after a few tours to W. (By Gawd) Germany I gained weight (Beer und Braut)and I switched to a Browning HiPower (small of back). Then I got discharged and went w/a 44 wheel gun in a shoulder rig, I lost weight: 1911. Gained weight: smaller gun. Then I turned 40..50, only thing that fits now is a small Blaster which resides where my manhood once held sway:p

I debated my carry gun for a long time, I narrowed it down to the P938, Shield, XDS, or Glock 26/27. I handled them all, compared size, weight, trigger pull, and price.

The biggest factor that settled me on the Sig was pride of ownership. The others are great guns but they didn't excite me, and I felt like I'd be more apt to leave it at home if I wasn't stoked to carry it. I love my 938, and love having it with me all the time.

In regard to the plastic trigger, in all my research and owning and shooting for the last 9 months, I didn't realize it had a plastic trigger until reading this thread, and I've become a bit of a trigger snob. So I wouldn't be concerned about that. They're not cheap but they go on sale at gunbuyer and palmetto state armory periodically for around $500. I got mine with the laser, which I never use, for $500 shipped. Then added cocobolo grips from High Figure Grips for another $100. I love the look and they're comfortable and durable.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg