JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How would you use the 15rd P365 Magazines

• 15rd magazine in gun with a spare 15rd magazine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
I just received a couple 15rd extended magazines for the Sig P365. What are your thoughts on using these for carry?
Resized_20190531_131329.jpeg Resized_20190531_131432.jpeg Resized_20190531_131446.jpeg

The whole point of my P365 was to keep it very concealable, so I've stayed with the 10 round mags.

For normal EDC I just take my G26 and throw a G19 mag in my front pocket...YMMV

Recently acquired one of these a couple months ago, super concealable and light. I prefer the shield but hard to ignore the extra capacity of P365

For me, the grip length seems to affect both comfort and conceal-ability more than barrel length. I carry a P365 now with standard magazines. I have been thinking about the 12 rounders as they aren't much longer.
I think it boils down to your preference between concealment, comfort and capacity. Personally, comfort comes first. An uncomfortable gun is a gun left at home. Second is concealment. I prefer concealed carry more for social reasons than 'tactical' ones. I simply prefer that when I carry, no one will notice for whatever reason. Capacity is of least importance to me. With my pistol, I have 10 rounds, but less really would not concern me. In the extremely unlikely event I would need more, a mag change would take care of that issue.
That being said, people with different priorities can and do carry open or concealed large capacity pistols ranging from sub compact to duty size.
Ultimately, the ability to carry your pistol with no worries as to your threshold for the 3 conditions I listed above are not the only things to be considered.
Those criteria address passive conditions for carry. In addition, active conditions must be considered, including ease of access during the deployment, speed of same, and ability to rapidly deliver shots with effective shot placement upon presentation.
I feel that for defensive pistol, within the usual distances that DGUs occur, that caliber (within generally accepted ranges) matters far less than carrying in the first place, and being able to effectively deploy your firearm and put round on target.
Sorry, did not mean to rewrite War and Peace. Buy a mag, try it, and if it works buy more! If not, then not.

Why take a gun that was designed for ultra concealability and then add a HUGE mag extension and a (ridiculous) comp? It looks like it's riding a pogo stick with that goofy mag extension. :confused:

I shot the P365 with flush fit mags and found the grip to be less controllable than my Ruger LC9s. I am interested in trying the P365 XL with a flush fit 12 round. I suppose that I would use the 15 round XL mag as a spare.

I'm baffled by the desire for a mag that makes the P365's grip close to an G19 size grip. The point of the P365 is deep conceal correct? What am I missing here?

I'm baffled by the desire for a mag that makes the P365's grip close to an G19 size grip. The point of the P365 is deep conceal correct? What am I missing here?

Nothing at all. Sig knows people will buy them, no matter how impractical. The 365 is their bread and butter right now, and regardless if it's a good gun or not they are selling them by the pallet.

Why take a gun that was designed for ultra concealability and then add a HUGE mag extension and a (ridiculous) comp? It looks like it's riding a pogo stick with that goofy mag extension. :confused:

I think maybe some people just have to compensate for appendage issues.:rolleyes::p

Truth is, I'd have them all. I have a lot of G17 and G18 mags and I don't have either weapon, but they both work fine in my G19's and G26 with G17 mags as primary back up. For versatility, on the G26 mags I have stock base plates, +0 and +2 extensions, the +0 is my preferred. The stock plate wins at pocket and ankle carry but the +0 gives that all important full size feel/pinky support without the footprint of the +2 or G19 mags. Same concept.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top