Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on SIG P250?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by dirtysteve, Jan 2, 2012.

1. dirtysteve

dirtysteve Lincoln City, OR Member

I have the opportunity to buy a SIG P250 full size in 45 acp. This gun is a tank but for $300, you cant beat a reliable 45...right? Its double action only but it seems to fire pretty well. Comes with 3-10 round mags and has a clean history. Its simplicity is what i'm interested in. I would use it for a pack gun or just general under-the-seat and forget about carry. I know I could get a cheap 1911 for a little more but I would never leave a 1911 in a pack or under my seat for very long plus I have a Colt already. Any experience with these? Any thoughts?

thumbnail.jpg

2. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I owned one for a short while - it was a decent gun. I liked the high profile, high visibility sights. The DAO trigger was better (read, lighter) than the DAO on the FNP-40 I had. The Sig was more shootable. The modularity of the gun is kind of cool. You can go from a full size frame/slide to a sub compact and it's still the "same" gun. Best $300 gun I can think of.

3. Zlad

Zlad Tigard Member

They are the XBOX360 of the gun world. Too many people i know have had to send them in for reliability issues. One person sent it in enough times that Sig actually replaced it with a P226....

4. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

I put thousands of rounds through mine with no problems .

5. brianjronk

brianjronk Marysville, WA Active Member

Bought mine in a .40 compact and I think it's a great gun. If I could change it to DA/SA, I would, but I also bought mine for $300, so I can't complain at that price.