1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Thoughts on SIG P250?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by dirtysteve, Jan 2, 2012.

1. dirtysteve

dirtysteve Lincoln City, OR Member

I have the opportunity to buy a SIG P250 full size in 45 acp. This gun is a tank but for $300, you cant beat a reliable 45...right? Its double action only but it seems to fire pretty well. Comes with 3-10 round mags and has a clean history. Its simplicity is what i'm interested in. I would use it for a pack gun or just general under-the-seat and forget about carry. I know I could get a cheap 1911 for a little more but I would never leave a 1911 in a pack or under my seat for very long plus I have a Colt already. Any experience with these? Any thoughts?

2. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

I owned one for a short while - it was a decent gun. I liked the high profile, high visibility sights. The DAO trigger was better (read, lighter) than the DAO on the FNP-40 I had. The Sig was more shootable. The modularity of the gun is kind of cool. You can go from a full size frame/slide to a sub compact and it's still the "same" gun. Best $300 gun I can think of.
  3. Zlad

Zlad Tigard Member

They are the XBOX360 of the gun world. Too many people i know have had to send them in for reliability issues. One person sent it in enough times that Sig actually replaced it with a P226....
  4. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

I put thousands of rounds through mine with no problems .
  5. brianjronk

brianjronk Marysville, WA Active Member

Bought mine in a .40 compact and I think it's a great gun. If I could change it to DA/SA, I would, but I also bought mine for $300, so I can't complain at that price.