JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My SBR is more of an "In case of emergency break glass" type of thing.

This is my thought process on the legalities involved with possessing, building, owning, and even using the SBR.

I will jump through the hoops. Ill fill out the forms. Ill pay the blood money. Ill follow the laws. By the time I actually use that item beyond training with it, those laws will no longer matter in many respects.

By virtue of the time and money and effort I have placed in it alone, it is worth too much to be used in normal situations where other defensive weaponry that is less expensive or easily replaceable will suffice.

It is too sensitive to the laws, the media, the gun grabbers to be squandered on a job that could be done with any other weapon.

The time span it would be confiscated and nightmare with laws and regulations and getting it back alone, that come with even a legitimate shoot, are not worth it.

IF you should have an SBR and Silencer and both are properly covered with paperwork, I would doubt those laws would be applicable if your shooting was "lawful"

Why would it be? Sentences are for people doing "illegal" stuff. The whole point being if you screw up and shoot someone by mistake and get prosecuted for manslaughter will the use of NFA weapon help you to stay in the big house longer?

I've considered having my tinnitus diagnosed at an audiologist, I have terrible ringing in my ears (ever since I can remember) and discharging a firearm indoors without hearing protection would surely make things worse. The reason I mention this is if a judge or jury is trying to decide if you were justified in self defense, the can might look bad, but perhaps not if you had a medical reason to protect your hearing more than most, which I do for sure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top