JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
9F7FEC2C-F597-4099-962E-63F9F2E847BC.jpeg Hello everyone,
I've spent past few days reflecting and talking to various friends that I respect in the industry and gun rights movement. Through out my journey in the gun rights movement, I've always positioned myself as a Uniter not a divider. What I realized recently was I was actually dividing because of my stance on OFF. I think it was easy to join a mob type mentality because I felt like my voice was silenced and I felt discounted about the important work that I do to protect children, to help safeguard our 2A rights.

I guess the point of this post is to maybe figure out a way that WE all can work together!! These are very dangerous times and we need to be unified not divided. As gun owners we have a million different opinions on how we would like to see things go, but with a million different thoughts it makes it really difficult to make those thoughts a reality.

Kevin doesn't have an easy job and I wouldn't want to do it. I focus on what I do and what I can control. The SB 801 process was a great learning experience. IMO at this point it is our best bet to figure out a way to support OFF, I really would like to see a way for our input to be taken into consideration. I believe this would help all of us not to feel so disengaged. What are your thoughts on how we can figure out we can actually grow our base? Thank you for your help.

It would be nice if Kevin would explain his "facts" rather than to tell us to look it up. I would like to make up with OFF, but I don't see any movement from Kevin. I really feel like he has just blown us off. I really don't want to fight with him over who was where, but I also don't want to get blindsided and send emails that I had to apologize for.
We need to renew our base before we can build on it. OFF has the experience and used to have a large membership. We need that.

I have been a supporter of OFF in the past and try to be appreciative of what they do. That being said, I am not a fan of Kevin at all. Every time I hear him speak he spends little time on well thought out points and arguments and comes across as very defensive and angry with allot of condescending talk included.
I personally believe there are better tactics than what are employed by OFF. Just my humble opinion.

I understand your perception, there's got to be away to get him to understand our position. This would help us reengage.

I have been a supporter of OFF in the past and try to be appreciative of what they do. That being said, I am not a fan of Kevin at all. Every time I hear him speak he spends little time on well thought out points and arguments and comes across as very defensive and angry with allot of condescending talk included.
I personally believe there are better tactics than what are employed by OFF. Just my humble opinion.
He didn't used to be like that. I have seen him defend the 2nd Amendment in a forum where he was outnumbered 3:1 (IP43 ?). He was professional and articulate and most importantly stayed on topic. I am not sure what is going on in his life currently, but maybe he just needs help.

I have a [self] annoying tendency to jump on the bandwagon when I see political groups spouting views that seem to support my own.

Sure, it's an emotional response, but seriously... Who doesn't like feeling validated AND empowered by a visible organization that has the ear of Salem, DC, management at work - whatever? It's somewhat reassuring to believe that someone prominently in the public eye, committed and knowledgeable, is on the job. I support them not only with lip-service in daily conversation, but with money too.

So it's embarrassing/humiliating when I find out that resident fact-checkers on "my side" have been asleep at the wheel (or worse, just blatantly negligent) when publicly presenting shrill, emotional opinions as fact. Inarticulate political talking heads like Wayne La Pierre do more damage than good when it comes to swaying public opinion in the right direction. Seeing a local entity like OFF aspiring to similar levels of ill-informed douchebaggery is demoralizing at best.

it's sad when inept stuff like this makes "us" look just as strident and crazed and as the enemy. And given their popular numbers, that's a damn shame.

Last Edited:
We've got to become a formiddable, cohesive group, somehow. Time is of the essence, the 2020 campaigns are going to be ramping up over the summer, not to mention the onslaught from the Oregon legislature in 2020.

Time is of the essence. We've got to unite or be defeated by the supermajority...

First off, Kevin NEEDS to swallow a big ol heapin helpin of pride and stand up and apologize to every one! He needs to back all the way off the fire and brimstone and focus on the fight in front of him! He needs to focus his efforts to building relationships with the wide range of gun owners in GryGun and stop driving a wedge between us! IF he is to still be taken seriously, he needs to clean out the skeletons in his closet and get to work restoring faith on him and his mission!

I'll wait!

I have had negative thoughts the last few years about various entities in the firearm sphere.

I don't anymore despite all the drama going on.

Focusing on the good helps. Also I realized a lot is at stake, and being upset with someone on my side doesn't help.

We are in a war, you may not like what that guy in the trenches said about your girlfriend, but remember he isn't the enemy. It may be a cold war, but it's still a war.

Ever hear the phrase all is fair in love and war?

Obviously I support the guys with what I consider the best tactics, but I support the ones with crappy tactics and morals too....

As long as they contribute to our shared common goal.

I recently contacted OFF about the Senate Walkout update that pinned Sen. Knopp for betraying. After taking OFF at it's word, I fell into the propaganda trap and wrote a nasty email to Sen. Knopp. I later apologized for getting hyped up and sending a nasty gram and seeing reports that Knopp was actually acting as a liaison between parties. Whether true or not, no outrage was ever heard from the Republican party. After using colorful language to confront OFF, Kevin himself emailed me back defending himself and slapping my wrist for my colorful language. Without getting too bias one way or the other, I asked for evidence to support his facts, he went far 'leftist' field trying to give reason as to why he said what he said and not presenting any real information. Therefore I terminated any communication and what little financial support I planned to continue giving OFF. I believe lies and propaganda on either front, pro or anti gun, are destructive to our freedoms and society. This breeds millennial type mentalities that curse anything yet know nothing and capitalizes on emotions. Just seems too Saul Alinsky in tactics to me. A cohesive, yet immoral, undisciplined, untrained, value-less group does not constitute triumph. Men who are willing to lay down their lives for one another proves a genuine heart, brotherhood, and historical change for the good of our Nation. At least that's where I stand.

Last Edited:
While I appreciate him very much for what he does, dood really needs to work on his "people skills".
Being abrasive, condecending, argumentative and down right mean sometimes does little to help the change minds of those that need changing.
Having a firm stance is one thing, being a rabid dog from the gate is another.

At this point he's just a liar.

He's done good work but not worth supporting a liar.

On the other hand we're going for the same goal so just ignore it, send your donations elsewhere and forget him.

No point in dragging him down but realize he's not 100% helpful any more.

Any more thoughts here, now that the dust has settled a bit?

I want to support OFF and NRA, but both seem kind of a mess right now.
Supporting SAF is the only thing I can think of doing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top