JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm interested on purchasing a mossberg tactical .22. The price is good and I've read a few reviews saying it is worth the money. Anyone with experience with this rifle, please let me know what you think of it or maybe an alternative in that price range.

Thanks,
James

Are you dead set on the "tacticool" look? I'm thinking it would be hard to find parts for it in a couple years when mossberg discontinues it. A ruger 10/22 would be a lot better option in my opinion and if you feel the need for that "tacticool" look you can dress it up with aftermarket gear. The ruger 10/22's have been around a while and there's a reason why. I have put thousand if not tens of thousands of rounds out of my 10/22 which is almost nothing compared to some people and have yet to replace anything and if by chance something did break there is a vast ocean of parts available probably unlike the mossberg tactical. If you really want it buy it and if you don't like it sell it or trade it

Jonn, thanks for your input. I have been looking at the Ruger 10/22 also and yes you're right. Definitely a ton of parts and hop ups for it. The AR look in the mossberg tactical is what is drawing me to it and ofcourse the price. Good to know that replacement parts aren't readily available.

Thanks,
James

There is at least one if not a number of kits to convert the 10/22 to a tacticool rig. I want to say Archangel is one? It will look like very much like an AR.

If you shop around you can pick up a 10/22 pretty cheap. <$200 depending on the model you find. I believe Dick's has the Synth stock base model around $175? Wood stock 200. Those are new.. They also have BSA Sweet22 scopes <$60. makes a very nice little package.

Enjoy it stock for a while and then buy a conversion kit and welcome to .22lr legos for men!

Take it from another who recently drank the coolaid, a 10/22 is a choice you will not regret. There is at least one if not a number of kits to convert the 10/22 to a tacticool rig. I want to say Archangel is one? It will look like very much like an AR when assembled.

If you shop around you can pick up a 10/22 pretty cheap. <$200 depending on the model you find. I believe Dick's has the Synth stock base model around $175? Wood stock 200. Those are new.. They also have BSA Sweet22 scopes <$60. makes a very nice little package.

Enjoy it stock for a while and then buy a conversion kit and welcome to .22lr legos for men!

I read 1 report on the mossy that talked on about how cheesy it was put together with the parts liable to fall off at any second.that writer..forgot who it was....made me think that if I saw one i'd look it over real careful before buying,with an eye towards durability.
i'd be interested in your input when u look it over carefully.they are very cool for the price.

I bought one for the grandkids that cant handle my centerfire rifles, I knew of the Mossberg 702 Plinkster to be a tack driver and have had that rep for some time, I knew the kids would prefere the AR platform style & I felt it would be the most attractive to the kids to get them interested and away from the xbox, I looked into the Ruger 10/22 and all the accessories available and although impressive it would cost me quite a few bucks to build a similar AR style platform as the Mossberg Tactical 22 & in the long run I wanted a gun for the grankids

the first production mags were an issue and causing fallouts and jamming..we had one that was a jamomatic.....it was all in the mags, I bought 3 more mags for the kids from bassproshops and the gun ran flawlessly as fast as I could squeeze them off, problem solved and definetely cheap enough for the rifle, the accuracy some complained about, but a couple "O" rings around the barrel seems to have solved peoples accuracy issues(Im guessing they didnt tighten the polymere halves tight enough when the pre fire cleaned the gun & the sights would twist on the barrel) ours is a tack driver and the teenagers are dancing milk jugs @ 150yds with the stock sights.
the Mossbergs prefer round nose plated ammo, the slightly shorter hollow points would not run aswell

as you can see in the pic below I repainted it with Krylon to eliminate the toy look, it was the right move the grankids all flipped over it, a fun summer is being had by one and all

I would buy another but it would be the flat top model....better sights, an AR aluminium carry handle can be bought on ebay for $15-20 so you can have one if you wanted it installed or not. this also would faciliate installing red dots, scopes etc lower, again better option for the younger crowd, the adjustable stock is really nice for a group of kids with a different LOP

Its not a gun for me, that being said....for a CHEAPO ....I can invision a lot of these puppies under the xams tree this year

hope this helps guys

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads